• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

milts

Wouldn’t believe a word of that tripe. But he is creative player. Replacement for Jevani?
More likely a replacement for Collins. Sounds like a very similar player

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taxi for Kegs?
No. It is Harper who would be replaced by any incoming midfielder (surely?).

arthur

No. It is Harper who would be replaced by any incoming midfielder (surely?).
You don't need to fill a role which involves never playing. Just abolish the role. Haven't we got plenty of central midfielders? I'd rather pay the salary to a forward or defender, unless the incoming midfielder is a card carrying anchorman....

arthur

More likely a replacement for Collins. Sounds like a very similar player
Or to play alongside Collins and Kite in a three man midfield?

Cowshed Grecian

Compared to the other six centre back options we started the season with.
If those had been solid at the back, and we had Blatantly not been exposed time and time and again and blown leads like we did against Shrewsbury etc…I might agree with you.

burtiew

Sounds like he's highly rated. If he's cheap (unlike Harper) what's not to like. At least it shows Caldwell has some clout at a Premiership club. Maybe they've got some strikers and a Centre Back?

Rosencrantz

If those had been solid at the back, and we had Blatantly not been exposed time and time and again and blown leads like we did against Shrewsbury etc…I might agree with you.
So you would have kept an experienced centre back on pretty good wedge on the books just in case we had an injury crisis in that specific area? Do you really think George would have wanted to stay in that situation anyway? He could only play centre of a three in our formation and was behind Stubbs and Diabate from last January on. There is a reason he agreed to go out on loan last season and leave whilst under contract in the summer. He knew he was behind a lot of players in his position.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joe White from Newcastle is name I’ve been given.
post 352 was quicker off the mark with the bloke down the pub given the credit :)

Red red

Getting back to Kilgour . I know a lot of Rovers fans who rate him. Not the first player not to get on with Barton

Cowshed Grecian

So you would have kept an experienced centre back on pretty good wedge on the books just in case we had an injury crisis in that specific area? Do you really think George would have wanted to stay in that situation anyway? He could only play centre of a three in our formation and was behind Stubbs and Diabate from last January on. There is a reason he agreed to go out on loan last season and leave whilst under contract in the summer. He knew he was behind a lot of players in his position.
He was signed on a 2 year deal. Yep, that was last season when he went out on loan, I understand that. He didn’t do a lot wrong for us and he’s been decent for Barrow. Just didn’t understand why Grounds got a new contract, we let Pond go and knowing Stubbs is injury prone. He could of helped us alot I think. Anyway irrelevant now. Let’s hope GC choice of a new CB is half decent.