• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure that would be a great signing given the quality!!!? of Rover’s defence.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure that would be a great signing given the quality!!!? of Rover’s defence.
My thoughts exactly, they have defensive issues too so don't find us going for one of their rejects very inspiring if true.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at his record this season so far very unimpressive.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently Kilgour is a decent defender but Barton wants them playing out from the back and doesn't rate him enough on the ball to be part of his plans. It would seem they might actually be better defensively with him playing. Whether he would fit in here as we are seemingly looking to play our way out more is another thing. Looks like an agent placed story trying to drum up business anyway.

Last edited:

Cowshed Grecian

I don’t know why we didn’t keep George Ray 🤷‍♂️

arthur

...because he wasn't very good

Colesman Ballz

Because he had the tendancy to "wave" attackers past him saying "after you", which upset KMT ! 😎

tonykellowfan

If George Ray had still been here he would have been in the team or on the bench and definitely better than Grounds and probably Diabate too.

Rosencrantz

If George Ray had still been here he would have been in the team or on the bench and definitely better than Grounds and probably Diabate too.
He almost certainly would have game time with our defensive injuries, especially in the middle of a three. As to being better than Grounds and Diabate...no. He is a solid L2 defender who has a physical presence, especially in the air. On the ground he is struggling, Cheick has both aerial presence and pace even if he is finding form inconsistent at the moment. If he had to play LCB of a three, he definitely isn't as good as Grounds. If Stubbs and Diabate had been fit all season or Alfie Pond stayed, this wouldn't even be a conversation. He wouldn't have stuck around to be fifth or sixth choice anyway.