• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Stubbs returning from injury and Matt Pollock waiting to join us, which I think will happen at the last noggins of the window, then the priority position to fill is a striker, or even 2. I felt we were a striker short when Smith was with us so we definitely need one now.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Stubbs returning from injury and Matt Pollock waiting to join us, which I think will happen at the last noggins of the window, then the priority position to fill is a striker, or even 2. I felt we were a striker short when Smith was with us so we definitely need one now.
If Aimson joins surely we won’t get Pollock too?

I agree re needing a striker but it could be tricky getting someone even slightly proven as they’d have to be backup to Nombe, Jevani and to a lesser extent Stanno.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Desperately need a striker who can win the ball up top. If Nombe is not available, City are toothless

Colesman Ballz

I felt we were a striker short when Smith was with us so we definitely need one now.
Wasn't he 6ft 4in or summat ? You are Pate and I claim my five quid ! 😎

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Aimson joins surely we won’t get Pollock too?

I agree re needing a striker but it could be tricky getting someone even slightly proven as they’d have to be backup to Nombe, Jevani and to a lesser extent Stanno.
I don't really see Jevani as a striker, more an attacking midfielder, so 3 strikers to choose from out of Nombe, Stanno and one other is fine. They don't need to be back up, all of them are competing for the starting line up. If Nombe were to tear his hamstring again we'd be up sh!t creek without a paddle.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

This might stir up the Nombe to Millwall rumours!

grecIAN Harris

England Pickford or Everton Pickford? 🤣
I thought that also. Pickford is like Jekyll and Hyde. You have the generally cool, calm and collected Pickford who plays for England or you have neurotic manic that plays for Everton.

budegrecian

New corner routine?

grecIAN Harris

New corner routine. Flip White, I'm guessing he's the one who weighs least, in the air whilst the corner is pinged in at a height that even Jamal could only wave at for White to get his head on and bury in the corner of the net..🤔

budegrecian

Argyle supporting and friend shouldn't appear in the same sentence 😜
Several years ago, a friend of my youngest son turned up at our front door to see him. He had an Argyle shirt on & I, quite reasonably IMO, refused to let him in. My wife gave me a really hard time about it for some reason....