• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Heard we’re also looking to bring in Young forward Omar Taylor-Clarke from Bristol City on loan. Could be a good option off the bench.

Bridgy 81

Competition for Sweenz?

We have had some shorter CB's in the past that have been pretty powerful in the air. JMT and Chris Curran spring to mind. Richard Duffy was very good at CB for us in L1 and he wasn't especially tall either.
I know I’ve said this on here before but I’m sure back in the days I sat in the Old Grandstand (I loved it in there) I once saw Richard Duffy head the ball clean over the main grandstand.
He must have had very strong neck muscles for a short bloke!

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting article here about modern players switching between centre back, full back and defensive midfielder roles. And before anyone says anything about expecting Premiership behaviour from League One Players I'd just say two words - Rob Edwards. Sweeney and Hartridge probably fall into that category as well, as could Grounds, if he wasn't past it.

DawlishBouy

Heard we’re also looking to bring in Young forward Omar Taylor-Clarke from Bristol City on loan. Could be a good option off the bench.
I think you'll find he's a right wing back or winger, not a striker.

i8cornwall

Argyle advice is invalid
Class player! Been solid for Whites this season when Santos has been out for what ever reason. Good in the air and on the ball, very much a matt Taylor type of defender and would suite playing alongside our existing defenders.

Sounds like he wants more playing time and Evett won't or can't give it to him at Wanderers and he's out of contract in the summer. If he does sign for city its a great bit of business and solid signing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've no idea whet they're up to as well

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
New half time cheerleading routine (what with watching our costs and improving entertainment and everything)

Bridgy 81

Whatever it is I’d rather Pierce Sweeney’s injured and bandaged thumb/finger/hand wasn’t so involved in it.

JCWhoosh

I think Aimson would be a decent signing, but an Argyle supporting friend of mine has advised he would only be good back up for a top half league one side and should only be a regular in league 2 / bottom 6-8 of league one.
Argyle supporting and friend shouldn't appear in the same sentence 😜

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Argyle supporting and friend shouldn't appear in the same sentence 😜
I have a number of friends whom support Argyle. One of my sons best friends dad is an Argyle season ticket holder. I do reassure him that it is Bird poo landing on him ;)