• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
and plays tonight.....if its on

PeteUni1984_7

should give Harry Lee a go - only one way to find out if he is ready. Made a good save when he came on against Derby.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
should give Harry Lee a go - only one way to find out if he is ready. Made a good save when he came on against Derby.
we still need a 2nd keeper regardless of whether Jokull or Harry start the game

Agent Andy

If it’s an emergency loan then jokull has to start .Lee needs to go out on loan so I don’t see the point in this signing, we need another gk till the end of the season not 7 days 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

milts

If it’s an emergency loan then jokull has to start .Lee needs to go out on loan so I don’t see the point in this signing, we need another gk till the end of the season not 7 days 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Any other signings lined up Andy?

Maybe Jokull will extend until the end of the season? I guess the priority was to ensure we had cover for tonight.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andy, purely supposition on my part but I think given Jokull isn't known to any of the current coaching staff or the manager I think he wants to have a look at him and will ask Big Kev to assess him over a week's training and then assuming all looks OK then he will extend to the end of the season.

JCWhoosh

If this is the one signing we were waiting for today then a little underwhelming. Yes we need a goalkeeper but would have just gone with Lee to start the game and hope we didnt need a goalkeeper sub just for tonight.

JCWhoosh

If this is the one signing we were waiting for today then a little underwhelming. Yes we need a goalkeeper but would have just gone with Lee to start the game and hope we didnt need a goalkeeper sub just for tonight.
I realise that this is a stupid post. Ignore me. Didn't really think before hitting submit.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
And if Lee did get hurt, who do you suggest should take over Mr Flexibility Josh Key ? :pIt's a bleddy pointless post anyway, as it is already "done and dusted". Get over it !

Bridgy 81

It must be difficult getting a decent keeper on loan for 6 months if your clear intention is to sit him on the bench.
Why would any keeper want to do that (unless he’s a veteran who’s happy to be paid to be on standby) and why would any host club agree to that, unless I suppose they don’t want to pay his wages.
Jökull is only 21 but has already played over 50 first team games for us and Morecambe combined.
I think his emergency loan is a good option if Jamal is obviously unfit to play in the short term.
I’d never go into a match with seven substitutes and not have a keeper on the bench.
All you’d need is an early injury or red card for your #1 and you’ve as good as lost the game.