Gareth Bale

Rosencrantz

Seems to be Zidane v the President on Bale with Perez wanting to keep Bale. He is probably using Asensio's injury as an excuse to keep Bale at the club which is what Bale wants. After their thumping by Atletico the other day, Zidane will have to start well and be challenging or Perez will simply fire him pdq as is usually the case. I cannot see a club being able to afford Bale anyway without Madrid heavily subsidising the move.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tough #### welcome to the real world Gareth.
By all accounts he's a good bloke. Some will think he earns so much money that he should out up with all the Caro,
Seems to be Zidane v the President on Bale with Perez wanting to keep Bale. He is probably using Asensio's injury as an excuse to keep Bale at the club which is what Bale wants. After their thumping by Atletico the other day, Zidane will have to start well and be challenging or Perez will simply fire him pdq as is usually the case. I cannot see a club being able to afford Bale anyway without Madrid heavily subsidising the move.
Only one winner there. Mourinho back to Real? Or Poch?

Banksy

Well-known Exeweb poster
By all accounts he's a good bloke. Some will think he earns so much money that he should out up with all the Caro,

Only one winner there. Mourinho back to Real? Or Poch?
Sorry Mike , I just can’t take all this nonsense seriously , not with all the pain and suffering and real problems in the world.I ask you , one million a week , really?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No problem, Banksy. I can understand the cynicism and yes, a million a week for playing footie does seem crazy. But, you know, if someone offered me a million a week to do my job in China I guess I'd probably take it.
In Bale's case, it does seem he's been unfairly treated by Zidane, which is my only point, really.
If Bale gets a million a week or a fiver a week it won't make any difference to the world's problems, but yes, it is indicative of the money-oriented world we live in.