• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

France

GrecianWonder

The latest affront to the freedom's we tend to take for granted is playing out to a predictable grisly end in and around Paris as I write this. I do sense with this case a widespread sea change in attitudes toward religious fundamentalism in Europe. Western Europe has been a beacon for the advancement of the human condition for generations, the logical next step for me is that we abandon the archaic belief systems that produced the scrum who in the name of their religion thought it justifiable to gun down a bunch of cartoonists.
Time we consigned organised religion to the dustbin of history.
And yet this view is in direct contradiction to the liberal, freedom of speech you cling on to.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I put this on my fb page yesterday, so yes copied and pasted if that's ok Jase :)

"Can i just take this opportunity to remind you all that Mr Mohammed from your local shop wasn't involved in last nights attacks on Paris. Neither was Mrs Azeer from Lloyds Bank or her family. Kamal from down the road has never been to Paris, and his brother Abdul, the taxi driver, was watching the news in horror along with everyone else.

The people behind last night's attacks weren't Muslims, they were extremists using religion as vindication for their cowardice.

Please, I urge each and everyone of you, do not lay blame at the doors of the innocent just because of what they believe. They are no more to blame for Paris than you are.

We are one world and one family. Treat each other as such, because what happened last night should bring us closer together, not make us lash out against our neighbours for a perceived religion affiliation"

Grecian_In_Exile

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-terror-attacks-syrian-passport-found-on-body-of-suicide-bomber-at-stade-de-france-a6734491.html

Please send me any passports

I want to build a bomb shelter, and these seem feckin indistructable!!!

Grecian_In_Exile

A few hundred westerners are killed and suddenly we wont stand for that will we? The hypocrisy makes me sick. If you haven't shown your grief for the Syrians or the Iraq's then don't you dare be so hypocritical showing your grief over France.

What the **** do you think all those Syrian refugees are fleeing from? Lack of four finger KitKats? Ran out of Cadbury crème eggs?

If you want someone to really blame then blame yourselves for being ignorant as to what 'your' taxes are being spent on.

Me, I'm praying for the whole feckin planet!! https://www.facebook.com/inthenowrt/videos/544821312334909/?pnref=story

tavyred

A few hundred westerners are killed and suddenly we wont stand for that will we? The hypocrisy makes me sick. If you haven't shown your grief for the Syrians or the Iraq's then don't you dare be so hypocritical showing your grief over France.

What the **** do you think all those Syrian refugees are fleeing from? Lack of four finger KitKats? Ran out of Cadbury crème eggs?

If you want someone to really blame then blame yourselves for being ignorant as to what 'your' taxes are being spent on.

Me, I'm praying for the whole feckin planet!! https://www.facebook.com/inthenowrt/videos/544821312334909/?pnref=story
I have to be honest and say that in the big scheme of things, I care less about the lives of others than I do Westerners. It must be a case of being more in sympathy or attuned with people who more like myself I guess. BTW, in answer to your question as to what the Syrian refugees are escaping from, it's from other Muslims of course.

tavyred

And yet this view is in direct contradiction to the liberal, freedom of speech you cling on to.
Not really, individuals are free to believe in whatever fairy story they like. My point is one of wanting to make these people figures of derision rather than bending over backwards to be respectful to what are rather arcane belief systems. In the UK, we put religious leaders in the Palace of Westminster and we have a head of state who is the "defender of the faith". It's all intrinsically a bit s*** and has no place in state institutions and public life. It's really a case of the human race moving on from religion I suppose.

Antony Moxey

Who on earth are you to tell people who they are to support or mourn? Typical of you, freedom of speech for everyone as long as it's what you want to hear. You really are an ignorant and odious piece of work aren't you?

Not really, individuals are free to believe in whatever fairy story they like. My point is one of wanting to make these people figures of derision rather than bending over backwards to be respectful to what are rather arcane belief systems.
Amen to that.

Mr Jinx

That's why it's nonsense.
I was simply replying to Tavy's post about concentrating on our own "internal security". Please explain to me how you can do that when EU Schengen dictates that we have to let anyone with an EU passport into the country? The EU's borders are currently as porous as a sieve. Unless the EU get its act together, Brexit is the only way to beef up our internal security. I'd rather that than allow this snoopers charter bunkum.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Just a terrible mess, how do you fight against people that are prepared to die?

We can blame (Blair/Bush and the pointless war in Iraq comes to mind) but there's now no one to fight, no one to negotiate with and nobody to trust.