• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure I have ever seen such a performance all 11 Wycombe players within an area from the goal line to about 20 feet just outside their penalty area.

Bridgy 81

I‘ve been as frustrated at times by some of Wycombe’s antics over recent years as the next person, especially when they’ve been directed against us, but most of them are the responsibility of the officials to deal with, which they invariably don’t.
Admittedly I didn’t see all of this evening’s game but what I did see in the last 15 minutes or so was a brilliant example of organized, tenacious and fully committed defending by every single player in their team.
That’s part of the game and a skill in itself which they certainly shouldn’t apologize for.
I love seeing wholehearted, concerted efforts to keep the ball out of your team’s net, but then again that’s the sort of style I had when I played (along time ago).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just a reminder that this is the former players thread!

Reactions: DB9

Bridgy 81

Ben Chrisene on the bench for Villa at Liverpool this evening.
I know he's not played much for them so far but he does seem to be well thought of as he's often in their match day squads.
Do we have any pecuniary interest in his progress there?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to the One Vale Fan forum, they are iooking at Calum Rowe.

DB9

Ward so far seems a bit nervous in the Swindon/PV game.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ward so far seems a bit nervous in the Swindon/PV game.
I always thought he was a bit nervy.

dontpassback

I always thought he was a bit nervy.
Doesn’t I still the back line with confodence

DB9

Quite interesting that we have former players playing in all four divisions and they play week in week out for the respective teams, Even my good lady says "You mention this a lot" when watching a game or Soccer Saturday and I say "They use to play for City"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Liam McAlinden on for Wrexham.