• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Aaron was lucky to get away with his mistake that almost let Jevani in if he didn't bring him down. There was a defender near which gave the ref the get out of a yellow card but I don't think he would have got to the ball before Jevani or be goal side of him.

grecIAN Harris

Aaron Martin looked pretty solid for Vale as they beat title chasing Exeter
Apart from when he should have been sent off for dragging Jevani Brown down in the first half. People will point to the direction of the ball but Brown was odds on favourite to get to the ball first and there was only one place he was going once he collected it........ straight in on goal. The ref bottled it and only booked Martin.

fred binneys head

Wheeler comes on as substitute for Wycombe.

Watching this game is reminding me how much I despise Wycombe and Gareth Ainsworth’s approach to football. I want them to go up so we don’t have to play them.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wheeler comes on as substitute for Wycombe.

Watching this game is reminding me how much I despise Wycombe and Gareth Ainsworth’s approach to football. I want them to go up so we don’t have to play them.
Me too what I don’t really understand is why they feel it necessary to persist in using these tactics when they are capable of playing some decent football.

ryancooper327

Me too what I don’t really understand is why they feel it necessary to persist in using these tactics when they are capable of playing some decent football.
And how refs fall for it. Maybe once, yes, but just tell them to get on with it

Rosencrantz

I'm guessing using yesterday's ref as a guide, 4 minutes of injury time coming up?

grecIAN Harris

I'm not watching it but I can imagine what is happening. Ainsworth and his tactics might p!$$ us all off but you have to look at the officials and why they don't get to grips with it. It was just the same yesterday with Port Vale. Every time the ball went dead after they took the lead, it took at least a minute to get the ball back in play. You had the keeper whining about his contact lense for no apparent reason. Referees need to take a course in the dark arts so they can become streetwise enough to referee a match.

Rosencrantz

Physio has been a regular visitor. 5 mins added on so I wasn't far out.

DB9

Physio has been a regular visitor. 5 mins added on so I wasn't far out.
Not pretty but effective from Wycombe and to keep this thread on track two former players playing their part.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have to hand it to Wycombe a brilliant defensive performance and they did not resort to too many of their usual disruptive tactics.