• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only because Matt Rhead is absolutely sh*te
And ugly 😉

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jordan and Jayden both on the bench for Preston.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine there won't be huge queue for JMT because of his injury woes. I would offer him a 6 month deal to prove his fitness. Obviously it wouldn't be close to what he was on at MKD or even what he was on when he was last with us. Again at the right price wage wise I would offer 12 month deals to Tom Nics and Sercs. I would think Sercs would have much better offers than we would go for under normal circumstances. However, these aren't normal times and Sercs might fancy moving back this way now that he's 30. He's seems to have played well since he left us but he has had personal problems with managers, as he did with Tis apparently. He's knows Matt well and I don't think he would cause many problems. Tom stopped scoring goals as soon as he left us, but at the right price I don't think he would be any worse than Nicky Ajose. He always had a lot of energy and who knows, he might get his scoring touch back. As Ian says, Parkes would start in front of JMT but he would be good back up, more so than Deanno or Woody. He could also play as a defensive mid fielder as back up to big Nige.
Tom played for Cheltenham Thursday night. Always liked Sercs so would be happy to see him back with us.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine there won't be huge queue for JMT because of his injury woes. I would offer him a 6 month deal to prove his fitness. Obviously it wouldn't be close to what he was on at MKD or even what he was on when he was last with us. Again at the right price wage wise I would offer 12 month deals to Tom Nics and Sercs. I would think Sercs would have much better offers than we would go for under normal circumstances. However, these aren't normal times and Sercs might fancy moving back this way now that he's 30. He's seems to have played well since he left us but he has had personal problems with managers, as he did with Tis apparently. He's knows Matt well and I don't think he would cause many problems. Tom stopped scoring goals as soon as he left us, but at the right price I don't think he would be any worse than Nicky Ajose. He always had a lot of energy and who knows, he might get his scoring touch back. As Ian says, Parkes would start in front of JMT but he would be good back up, more so than Deanno or Woody. He could also play as a defensive mid fielder as back up to big Nige.
If clubs are not given clear undertakings that fans will be allowed in the grounds (by September?) many if not most are not going to be able to afford to sign ANY new players. We certainly won't.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless there are two Edwards in the West Brom squad Kyle Edwards together with Dara O’Shea is on the bench today against Birmingham.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless there are two Edwards in the West Brom squad Kyle Edwards together with Dara O’Shea is on the bench today against Birmingham.
It is indeed our Kyle.

Langer

I wouldn’t say anyone was a marked improvement on what we got. JMT on a free is the most interesting one obviously I would get the medical team to check on the likelihood of playing injury free long term on that. Tom not worth going for imo had plenty of time to prove scoring abilities and not enough there for me.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm really not into this former players coming back, It rarely works out, They left to further their careers and now some are older, slower, injury prone or what ever, We shouldn't be a "Dumping Ground" because they played for us in the past, If we went up we need players that can perform at L1 and i don't want "Luxury Players" who rarely play and we can ill afford, Especially as the future is very unpredictable at the moment. They are always welcome and I loved seeing them play in the past but both parties should move on and it would be lazy scouting if we just went for former players.

Exehausted

If clubs are not given clear undertakings that fans will be allowed in the grounds (by September?) many if not most are not going to be able to afford to sign ANY new players. We certainly won't.
Well that's a scary statement John. Along with Martin I know that what you tell us is very much based in fact with very little guess work. I would have hoped that we will release 5 or 6 of the ones who are out of contract to give us a little bit of room to sign two or three. But if you say we can't then I take it we can't. So be it.

Cygnus

I find it hard to believe that Matt won’t be looking to add at least two new players to his squad, regardless of the League we are in. As despite the financial issues we are encountering as a result of the pandemic I’m expecting pretty much all the out of contract players to be released, so there will be a bit of budget to be used at least.

Also why does John William know that we won’t be signing anyone?