• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The new manager asked him to coach the younger players not long after he (the new manager) was appointed
Fair enough

Colesman Ballz

Friend concedes a penalty as Grimes' Swans take a 3-0 half time lead at the Riverside.

DB9

Friend concedes a penalty as Grimes' Swans take a 3-0 half time lead at the Riverside.
Slightly off topic but i thought this was a back handed insult by Dommers relpying to Anon's comment on the City v Col MDT on Ajose

Anon said this:

"Ajose has been stealing a wage all season to be honest. May as well have signed me, at least I would offer to cut up the oranges at half time and make a pot of tea if I was sitting on the bench."

Dommers reply:
"Possibly so but I can't help but think a better manager would have got more out of him"

That's why i posted what i did.

grecIAN Harris

I'd have JMT back and get rid of Moxey, Woodman, Parkes and Warren.
I'm not sure I'd have JMT in front of Parkes. I certainly wouldn't get rid of Parkes. He frightens forwards away just by looking at them (especially with his current American convict look).

JayPob94

I'm not sure I'd have JMT in front of Parkes. I certainly wouldn't get rid of Parkes. He frightens forwards away just by looking at them (especially with his current American convict look).
Agree with this - I’d start Parkes on Monday and tell him to go through their striker early doors. Matt Taylor has the same look... one of my friends who’d never seen us play before said “he looks like a scary man, was he a centre half by any chance?”

JMT is a great player but can’t see him getting ugly like Parkes would.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
JMT will have had a good rest this spring and who's to say it's not precisely what his body needed. Get him in at the C&F for a trial and take it from there.

Rosencrantz

JMT is a great player but can’t see him getting ugly like Parkes would.
Did a right job on Matt Rhead in the play offs though. Bullied the bully 🙂.

JayPob94

Did a right job on Matt Rhead in the play offs though. Bullied the bully 🙂.
Only because Matt Rhead is absolutely sh*te

C j phill

Slightly off topic but i thought this was a back handed insult by Dommers relpying to Anon's comment on the City v Col MDT on Ajose

Anon said this:

"Ajose has been stealing a wage all season to be honest. May as well have signed me, at least I would offer to cut up the oranges at half time and make a pot of tea if I was sitting on the bench."

Dommers reply:
"Possibly so but I can't help but think a better manager would have got more out of him"

That's why i posted what i did.
I think there's something in what Dommers said.

MT appears to work very hard but from Ajose's first game of this season, I wasnt convinced that he would work well with Bowman and was concerned that MT didn't know how the pairing would go.

Based on last season and this, if looks to me as if MT has a blind spot in terms of attackers and the apparent expensive gamble on Ajose hasn't worked to date.

I remember, that when MT was appointed, he said that we would have an attacking intent in games and my impression was that we would give it a real go. I'm not sure it's gone that way.

So far, in my view, MT has shown to be a reasonably good manager at League 2 level, but has scope to get better. It will be interesting to see how we perform in the next one (or hopefully, two) game(s)

Exehausted

I would imagine there won't be huge queue for JMT because of his injury woes. I would offer him a 6 month deal to prove his fitness. Obviously it wouldn't be close to what he was on at MKD or even what he was on when he was last with us. Again at the right price wage wise I would offer 12 month deals to Tom Nics and Sercs. I would think Sercs would have much better offers than we would go for under normal circumstances. However, these aren't normal times and Sercs might fancy moving back this way now that he's 30. He's seems to have played well since he left us but he has had personal problems with managers, as he did with Tis apparently. He's knows Matt well and I don't think he would cause many problems. Tom stopped scoring goals as soon as he left us, but at the right price I don't think he would be any worse than Nicky Ajose. He always had a lot of energy and who knows, he might get his scoring touch back. As Ian says, Parkes would start in front of JMT but he would be good back up, more so than Deanno or Woody. He could also play as a defensive mid fielder as back up to big Nige.

Last edited: