• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Bridgy 81

It's an old clip from when he was with us.
If you study the clip that was his only option then so a good bit of play.
Both Wycombe attackers were on him before he'd controlled the ball enough to kick it away without the risk of a rebound.
I agree it was one of the few options available to him after being presented with a somewhat risky back pass.
However, perhaps a little pedantic, but neither manoeuvre was what I understand to be a Cruyff turn.
But then again whatever you want to call what he did it was very well executed.

gilbertshoot

It's an old clip from when he was with us.
If you study the clip that was his only option then so a good bit of play.
Both Wycombe attackers were on him before he'd controlled the ball enough to kick it away without the risk of a rebound.
Twas great to watch live but could easily have gone horribly wrong. Entertaining, yes but very risky

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Twas great to watch live but could easily have gone horribly wrong. Entertaining, yes but very risky
Certainly got a huge cheer from the crowd. Around me in the main stand we also hoped he'd never do it again.

Andy_H

A bit random, but the Youtube algorithm has just presented me with this.....

It is interesting to watch that again and a bit 'heart in mouth' but, one wrong move from either of those WW palyers could have cleared Blackman out, resulting in either of them recieving a straight Red.

Spoonz Red E

It is interesting to watch that again and a bit 'heart in mouth' but, one wrong move from either of those WW palyers could have cleared Blackman out, resulting in either of them recieving a straight Red.
That's true but always is the case with penalty area clashes.
However, they didn't look like they had that intent.
More that they were trying to seize an opportunity with Jamal having very little opportunity to control the ball in terms of a clearance.
The fact that Jamal kept cool enough to control the ball in a different way and keep it from them, then make the clearance, was pretty impressive to me.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's true but always is the case with penalty area clashes.
However, they didn't look like they had that intent.
More that they were trying to seize an opportunity with Jamal having very little opportunity to control the ball in terms of a clearance.
The fact that Jamal kept cool enough to control the ball in a different way and keep it from them, then make the clearance, was pretty impressive to me.
Agree 100% about the cool way he dealt with the situation but it is still a very risky thing for any keeper to do.

STURTZ

That was one of Jamals first games for us, the fact that he seldom did similar indicates that he only did it as a necessity. People should recognise it as actually a good piece of goal keeping, if it was Manual Neuer it would have been considered genius!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another chance to watch Stanno live tonight as Brum play West Brom.

denzel

1-1 and it looks like Mr Rock is in charge..

denzel

No goals for Stanno tonight, not his best game, outshone by Bacuna. Subbed after 82