• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers v Exeter City Match Day Thread

What actually is our best back 4? Key/Page/ Hartridge/Mcardle seems to be his preferred choice...I think the biggest mistake Matt has made was releasing Aaron Martin..he should of nailed on and the first one to be offered a new contract last season. I am quite worried about next season due to the fact Matt keeps saying to the effect “we aren’t good enough”- well you signed half the team so who’s fault is that?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are all his players. He's given every player their current contract.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
What actually is our best back 4? Key/Page/ Hartridge/Mcardle seems to be his preferred choice...I think the biggest mistake Matt has made was releasing Aaron Martin..he should of nailed on and the first one to be offered a new contract last season. I am quite worried about next season due to the fact Matt keeps saying to the effect “we aren’t good enough”- well you signed half the team so who’s fault is that?
If you are only given pennies to spend you are forced to shop at Poundland ! (And of course play the kids, and incidently what is wrong with either Key or Hartridge ?)

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
They are all his players. He's given every player their current contract.
Except Sweeney. He was given a 3 year deal by Tis like he also gave Tillson which MT inherited and wasn't happy with.
I take your point though

grecIAN Harris

In a back four he wasn't much cop which is why we played with three centre halves. He was decent on the ground but very often was caught with divers boot on when it came to getting off of he deck. Because Matt wanted to play with a back four he had to go.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Except Sweeney. He was given a 3 year deal by Tis like he also gave Tillson which MT inherited and wasn't happy with.
I take your point though
If Tis gave Sweeney a 3 year deal it would have expired by now so MT must have extended his contract.

Colesman Ballz

If Tis gave Sweeney a 3 year deal it would have expired by now so MT must have extended his contract.
If Tis gave Sweeney a new 3 year deal/extension in spring 2018, it will expire this summer.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
If Tis gave Sweeney a new 3 year deal/extension in spring 2018, it will expire this summer.
Correct. Tis gave it to him and it will expire this summer.