• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know this has been mentioned before and I do not think Chris Martin has any obligation at all to chip in - he can do what he likes with his money - but it would be great publicity for him and Coldplay to sponsor City : the first rock group to sponsor a football team!
The club shop could sell his music. The teams could come out to "Sky full of stars", and it would be another string to his bow
If I was at City I would definitely contact him : nothing to lose by asking him.
They probably don't count as a rock group but Wet, Wet, Wet used to sponsor Clydebank.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
They probably don't count as a rock group but Wet, Wet, Wet used to sponsor Clydebank.
Well, Coldplay can be the 2nd rock group to do it.
Ba dam ba da da dambam.

malcolms

I know this has been mentioned before and I do not think Chris Martin has any obligation at all to chip in - he can do what he likes with his money - but it would be great publicity for him and Coldplay to sponsor City : the first rock group to sponsor a football team!
The club shop could sell his music. The teams could come out to "Sky full of stars", and it would be another string to his bow
If I was at City I would definitely contact him : nothing to lose by asking him.
In the sphere that he operates, 'I doubt the first rock group to sponsor a football team' would set the pulses racing..and yep, I'm back from Dubai....

Red Devon

You think they'll have any money now that Flybe has gone into admin.?
Other carriers will come along and pick up some of the routes there are already two or three very popular Tui flights a day.

Oldsmobile-88

Does anyone know what the going rate is for shirt sponsorship for a season for a club our size & exposure ?

I believe for a season the median sponsorship income from all streams for a L2 club is around £700k,with around 75% of that figure coming from the Sky TV Premier League pool.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know what the going rate is for shirt sponsorship for a season for a club our size & exposure ?

I believe for a season the median sponsorship income from all streams for a L2 club is around £700k,with around 75% of that figure coming from the Sky TV Premier League pool.
Does that also factor in the "sponsorship" that a number of owners put in as a means to plough money into their club without falling foul of FFP regs? E.g. stadium sponsorship deals like Mansfield and Stevenage, both of whom have stadium naming rights given over to their owners' companies.

Oldsmobile-88

Does that also factor in the "sponsorship" that a number of owners put in as a means to plough money into their club without falling foul of FFP regs? E.g. stadium sponsorship deals like Mansfield and Stevenage, both of whom have stadium naming rights given over to their owners' companies.
No idea Jason,but I suppose that could be in the equation

IndoMike

In the sphere that he operates, 'I doubt the first rock group to sponsor a football team' would set the pulses racing..and yep, I'm back from Dubai....
Welcome back.
Maybe not. Would certainly get a lot of press coverage for City - whether we could monetize that is another question.
So Malcs : what kind of sponsor would you be looking for?

IndoMike

Other carriers will come along and pick up some of the routes there are already two or three very popular Tui flights a day.
Everyone will hope you're right, Red. But with the current climate there might not be many of the smaller airlines left soon. Not only Flybe will be struggling.
Anyway, considering Exeter Airport covers Plymouth, Torbay Exeter et al, maybe another airline can move in.

malcolms

Welcome back.
Maybe not. Would certainly get a lot of press coverage for City - whether we could monetize that is another question.
So Malcs : what kind of sponsor would you be looking for?
I'm sure it would work for us, just less sure it would work for Coldplay...I think sponsors for lower league clubs fall into two distinct categories. 1. Local companies who can derive strong commercial benefit in terms of sales through a tie up with City 2. Local companies who are national or international in their outreach and see the tie up with City as a community contribution with additional benefits