• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fleetwood fan in peace

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
but our Social Club is excellent, and right next to the ground.
Pete...Stick to the goalkeeping comments...To describe the Social Club as excellent !!!???..Its a embarrassment compared to Fleetwoods & most others in the FL I have visited(& non league)

rp42

Cheaper than Newport though £3.80 for a bottle of Doombar.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't go in the Vic. It's a nice pub but there's often a weird scotch fella in there.
Better be careful there LOG! He'll take you to task for using the term 'scotch' instead of 'Scots'! After a pint of real ale obviously........

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Hope you stay down unfortunately mate, because fleetwood away is my favourite away day and if by some miracle we stay up it will counterbalance having that ****pit Luton back again

Stick with the social club - you can't go wrong. Hot pies and pasties inside, hog roast outside, inside bar and outside bar if sunny - like I say you can't go wrong

Grecian_Harry

Newport was the biggest ****ing rip I've ever seen !!! Social Club is fine, not as good as yours, but good enough.

Ash

Ignore Pate, as you will notice from his profile he lives in the US and so knows **** all about modern Exeter. The ground guide is solid, and the Ship is an awful pub.

The Black Horse is ok for sport but it is Greene King.
The Ship is one of the worst pubs in Exeter and doesn't even show the football!

grecian55

Like Hants said "The social club in the St James Centre is friendly and welcoming to away fans"

However, it is nothing like the bar at your ground which I must say is the best social club I have ever visited as an away fan.
Very true GO'G , one of the best

hatch4england

If arriving by train, I'd start at the Great western (a fab beer pub) which is on the left as you leave the station. They have Avocet, which is proof that God loves you. Bafgs of good ales.
Walk up the hill to the Imperial (a Wetherspoons) - lots of good real ale choice there too. Turn R there and walk towards town and you'll come to the Farmer's Union - Tribute there. Walk past the prison and up the snicket to your left and you'll find the Rusty Bike which has its own microbrewery.

Turn R out of the Rusty Bike and then L to the min-roudabout and R again to the Black Horse (see above) and they can guide you from there. There will be lots of places to celebrate your win/ drown your sorrows after.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its only about a 20 minute direct walk from the ground to the City Centre
20 minutes? You having a laugh? Blimey you can tell you've not walked it for a year or 2 Pate. 10 minute walk at the most.

(facepalm)

NotDannyColes

Like others have said, using the City bar would help a club in dire need of finance.