• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2020/21

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the Club, and Clubs generally, have been given the nod that having fans in Jan is unlikely :(
I would not be surprised..They were certainly caught on the hop with the unexpected allowing of restricted crowd numbers in November so you can understand the wait to see which way the wind is blowing.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would not be surprised..They were certainly caught on the hop with the unexpected allowing of restricted crowd numbers in November so you can understand the wait to see which way the wind is blowing.
From the point of view of you lucky people in Devon, I'd keep hoping for a strong SW wind to keep Covid V2 well away!

Oldsmobile-88

From the point of view of you lucky people in Devon, I'd keep hoping for a strong SW wind to keep Covid V2 well away!
Blowing a gale from that direction this morning RP.
I may pop down to Dawlish later to see how the new sea wall is holding up 😁

denzel

I wonder if the Club, and Clubs generally, have been given the nod that having fans in Jan is unlikely :(
I wouldn't be surprised if football is put on hold full stop tbh. We shall see.
I doubt it. The Government dont know what they are doing from one minute to the next and I can't see them sharing it with football authorities

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt it. The Government dont know what they are doing from one minute to the next and I can't see them sharing it with football authorities
Outwardly no, but there does seem to be a lot of 'inside' communications. I'd be surprised if Dowden hadn't kept the FA updated on a daily basis as to what Government 'thinking' was. Albeit, that thinking may swing here and there on an hourly basis!

Oldsmobile-88

Next review of Tier areas is the 30th December.
We should know then if there is going to be any crowd allowed at SJP for the FAC game.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next review of Tier areas is the 30th December.
We should know then if there is going to be any crowd allowed at SJP for the FAC game.
Fingers crossed but I am not hopeful.

malcolms

Fingers crossed but I am not hopeful.
Don't tell IBA, he was so looking forward to it.... For my money, I think it will be ok...

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't tell IBA, he was so looking forward to it.... For my money, I think it will be ok...
I hope you are right. But given the trend in Devon at the minute, I remain sceptical

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I know a couple of people who have bt sport, but will be unlikely to be able to visit on the 9th as guess the restrictions will either be the same or tighter by that point. I have been told that bt sports extra 5 is on the bt app but as it only seems to show programs occasionally when needed not sure if it’s possible to watch city’s game online using a bt login?

does anyone know if this is workable, or if someone who has bt broadband can access it online? I think bt broadband lets you watch some bt sport, but not sure if that is only certain channels.