• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2009/10

Mike Blackstone

RedPaul;831761 What odds Workington away for City in R1[/QUOTE said:
That would be brilliant for me! Still rather have Kendal Town away though - it's nearer.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
City will get Worcester or Gloucester in the first round. I just have a hunch innit.

benh

We lost to Bishop's Cleeve (Who? Exactly!) yesterday. None of our team have any fight in them...
I am well aquainted with Bishop's Cleeve... A fine, overgrown village on the outskirts of Cheltenham.

Not that I knew they have a football team though *-)

Polmeer

I watched Truros away win at Maidenhead on Saturday. A fine performance and....... scorer of one of their 5 goals was Little Les - I think he's now got 5 so far this season.
Santos Gaia got a goal as well.
Truro should win the next one - its all pointing towards SJP in the 1st round - that would be good but talk about divided loyalties...!

Mackster

Woking v Maidstone Utd

An attractive tie for two teams who were the top dogs in non-league football in the 80's & 90's, but now experiencing difficult times. It's a game Maidstone will be taking seriously as they need any money they can get from an FA Cup run and they expect to take a sizeable support to Kingfield.

Come on You Stones

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woking v Maidstone Utd

An attractive tie for two teams who were the top dogs in non-league football in the 80's & 90's, but now experiencing difficult times. It's a game Maidstone will be taking seriously as they need any money they can get from an FA Cup run and they expect to take a sizeable support to Kingfield.

Come on You Stones
Indeed a big game. The Cards need the money too. It's odd for them this year being a big fish in a small Conference South pond having been somewhat anonmymous in recent years in the Conference. Now we're 3 divisions apart, I can wish them well again!

Play up you Cardinals

Mike Blackstone

Kendal Town v Exeter City dream lives on. Kendal drew 1-1 in the 3rd qualifying round at Guiseley yesterday. Replay Tuesday.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never seen City in an FA Cup match before so a 1st round away match against Alfreton,Eastwood,Lincoln Utd or Ilkeston would be ideal.

Oldsmobile-88

Woking v Maidstone Utd

Come on You Stones
A Maidstone fan had to run the line for the last 15 minutes of that tie....No 4th official at the game..

STURTZ

Went to the Truro City v Mangotsfield United 3rd qualifying round yesterday.

Poor game really which neither side stringing too much together, shocking first half, no shots. Les Afful as a target man!!!? truro were shoing off their new signing Lee Hodges.

Quite funny to sit behing the Mangotsfield massive (3 blokes) who kept up the "Forest Green reject" and "Les Awful" chants all game.

Always amazed that Graeme Power is till playing but sadly he got found out early second half and lost possession for "Man Utd" to score, McCarthy took him off.

The game was livelier second half with Truro bringing on Stuart Yetton who looked like the man most likely to make the breakthrough. Old City boys, McConnell, Clay and Afful did what they could but looked pretty ineffective, Santos added a bit of aerial presence but still demonstrated some of the relaxed Brazilian football that was sometimes his downfall at Exeter.

Scott Walker was replaced by Marcus Martin to the strains of "The Sun Ain't gonna Shine Anymore" from the St Blazey Cru.

Yetton finally clipped the ball over the keeper from an angle in the 92nd minute (could have been mis hit), to take the game to a replay on Tuesday night.