• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Not really, just curious if you are the only 7 people contributing and committing to the first 12 months. Has anyone else other than the list at the top contributed? Just curious. Getting more curious by Lez failing to answer and having some time on my hands.
Great Oli and I like it.

Tada

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I can say is, at least ******** hasn't taken over...

Best of luck with it. [y]

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you.

Can people 'buy in' to gain an influence? What grounds do you have to ban people on the original list?

If anyone is curious, these were all my original questions when I first heard of the idea and am wondering how it got resolved.
Interesting thought that. But No influence i'm afraid will be bought.

We are running exeweb for the fans and will remain independent

Tada

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
What grounds do you have to ban people on the original list?
I dont Understand sorry

Tada

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are running exeweb for the fans and will remain independent
Will certainly be interesting to see.

Thanks.

Swanaldo

Arggh! Panic! Run around!! Ask lots of questions! Who's gonna get banned!!?!
:cool:

It's been apparent for a while that Steve wasn't going to run this site for ever. Fair play to the lads who have stepped forward to have a go at keeping the good ship Exeweb on course. Feel that they may have over-complicated things with all the talk of Chairmen and Treasurers etc, but I am sure that their intentions are good.

I like the idea of a more democratic approach to banning 'nuisance' users, and hope that the sensible approach to moderation continues. On the whole the site has historically walked a sensible path in terms of moderation, too many sites on the internet veer either to all-out abuse or draconian censorship.

Alistair20000

Which of the existing moderators are withdrawing from their role please ?

lmartin

Administrator
To be honest, we are only just starting up the proper dialogue with them all. I know Lez has spoken to some of them and they have agreed to stay on. AFAIK nobody has said they wish to go. But we didn't want to say they were all definitely staying - but we would be delighted if that was the case :).

Last edited:

Swanaldo

If we're having a clean break, can you ban my multis please, they are 'Grecian_Jay' and 'memoman'

Thanks

lmartin

Administrator
:) Exeweb could do with 'Like' buttons for posts ha.