• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Walsall discussion thread

Bongo1959

Walsall will fancy there chances in this one should be lots of space for us .1-1

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a suggestion - don't get all hysterical - but is there any chance of playing Key as right- sided centre back (and Caprice right back? Key can jump.
I know it wouldn't be fair on him but on "as needs be" basis. To be honest, McA and Hartridge at centre back fills me with dread.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a suggestion - don't get all hysterical - but is there any chance of playing Key as right- sided centre back (and Caprice right back? Key can jump.
I know it wouldn't be fair on him but on "as needs be" basis. To be honest, McA and Hartridge at centre back fills me with dread.
One of our best performances this season was away to Gillingham and Hartridge and McArdle were the centre backs that day.

IndoMike

One of our best performances this season was away to Gillingham and Hartridge and McArdle were the centre backs that day.
Ok SEA 👍Maybe my concerns are unfounded

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jason's preview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ryan Bowman is not showing on the FA website as being suspended. But we've only played two games since his sending off.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ryan Bowman is not showing on the FA website as being suspended. But we've only played two games since his sending off.
I imagine that's because they have not updated for the postponed game. The website is surely not the definitive record. Can't belive he will be available tomorrow.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon there's going to have to be square pegs in round holes. Wonder how far Stubbs is away from playing a part...

Corey

I like Hartridge he is a good prospect and does a lot of things right, especially when he has the ball at his feet.

However he seems to play with no passion at all, his face is expressionless and he doesn't seem to either communicate with or respond to any of his teammates. I noticed Parkes having a pop at him at one point and Hartridge didn't even blink. I've noticed this in other games too and seems to be quite common in all the academy players. I think we could do with a bit more passion on the pitch tbh.
Maybe getting fans back might improve that??

IndoMike

I reckon there's going to have to be square pegs in round holes. Wonder how far Stubbs is away from playing a part...
If he still had water on the knee last week I can't imagine he'd be ready for at least a couple of weeks. Has he done any training yet?