• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Walsall discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
I like Hartridge he is a good prospect and does a lot of things right, especially when he has the ball at his feet.

However he seems to play with no passion at all, his face is expressionless and he doesn't seem to either communicate with or respond to any of his teammates. I noticed Parkes having a pop at him at one point and Hartridge didn't even blink. I've noticed this in other games too and seems to be quite common in all the academy players. I think we could do with a bit more passion on the pitch tbh.
Weird that you should make these comments about Hartridge as i feel and have noticed the same. He's a decent prospect but there is something about his overall demeanour that is noticeable.

Legohead

Banned
Exeter City (A) - Tue 2nd March, 7pm - Match Centre 20/21 - UpTheSaddlers

Not much confidence amongst the Saddlers faithful. Maybe they aren't aware yet that we are without Bowman and 2 of our best defenders.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Alex Fisher on the Walsall game

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wish he wasn’t such a nice lad, makes it awkward thinking he isn’t a very good player.

Albumen

I wish he wasn’t such a nice lad, makes it awkward thinking he isn’t a very good player.
Totally. I spoke to him outside the Park once. He had a picture taken with my son... he was an absolute gent... and subsequently my boy always asks me how Fisher is playing. He’s only 7 so I just tell him that he’s Matt Jay.

Grecianpasty

The biggest problem with Hartridge is he has a mistake in him. More so than any other defender we've got.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does our Jase really write these previews or is there a ghost writer ?

Seems odd he does not post up his preview direct.

Just wondering like :unsure:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Does our Jase really write these previews or is there a ghost writer ?

Seems odd he does not post up his preview direct.

Just wondering like :unsure:
He writes them on a private space on here, I then post them with some added bits and this saves teaching him how to use Wordpress.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the lacklustre display on Saturday we need to freshen it up a bit. Get Atangana on to protect the defence and also start Joel Randall. If Fisher plays he needs a performance otherwise it will probably be the last ball he kicks for us, unless of course Bowman sees red again this season.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andresson
Caprice, McArdle, Hartridge
Atangana
Key, Taylor, Collins, Randall
Jay, Fisher