• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Chelt'num - Checka-EFL-Leasing.com Trophy - Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wasn't aware it was that much, I thought it was 10K, but 30K is better than a poke in the eye. If it covers our costs and we stay injury free that would be nice
IINM there are 3 group games @ 10k per win and 5k per draw, plus that initial 20k. For small clubs it's better than a kick in the ballz and it gives valuable game time for the reserves. Not yet very appealing for fans, though

David Treharne

It's dull but warm. Current temperature is 15c, but it's rising quickly. Not much chance of sun today, and the possibility of some rain early afternoon as the barometric pressure is dropping. Wind is from the SW blowing at 2. We've not had substantial rainfall since early last week, and nothing in the raingauge for the last 24 hours - so the sprinklers will be on. Can't say that I can work up much enthusiasm for this competition, but it should at least give the opportunity to test the fitness and skill levels of several fringe players, including, I hope, several of the youngsters. Predicting outcomes for games like this is always difficult. I will update at about 17:00.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if there will be any Devon Live coverage?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully whoever plays as right back has a storming game and Sweeney gets dropped for the weekend.
Sweeney hasn't been playing right back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if there will be any Devon Live coverage?
No there isn't. Live stream available for a fee though.

Tim Long

Anybody even going?
I shall be going and people think I'm quite odd.

CWH-NYC_

I have a feeling this could be quite an entertaining encounter. All being well, available for us far away folk on Ifollow.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reading the rules on player eligibility we have a free hand with the selection because you can now include in the four compulsory eligible players those with 40 career starts. So that includes people like Tillson Woodman Parkes Warren Fisher Ajose. So MT doesn’t need to worry , as he appeared to do in the Devon Live interview, about having to play some of those who played on Saturday.

GJW

1-0 City. Att: 602, but not me. Come on!!!!!!!

Exehausted

Reading the rules on player eligibility we have a free hand with the selection because you can now include in the four compulsory eligible players those with 40 career starts. So that includes people like Tillson Woodman Parkes Warren Fisher Ajose. So MT doesn’t need to worry , as he appeared to do in the Devon Live interview, about having to play some of those who played on Saturday.
But haven't I read that players from Grade 1 Academies also count? I assume Richardson and Cundy are from Grade One Academies.