• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The women’s team has missed the gravy boat.
Less of a boat, more like a tiny ramekin I'd say.

Temporarily Exiled

Whoever is in charge of getting the friendlies for the women’s team has not got any good contacts then which is disappointing.
That, or professional women's sides don't see much value in pre-season friendlies against non-professional sides.

So where has all the transfer money gone that should of been invested in the pitch ?
Quite a lot of it went on those two shiny new (and quite new) things adjacent to the pitch. Other funds went to supporting a women's development squad.

I'm a fan of women's football and really want to see the game continue to grow, but misleading people helps no-one. While I think we have a moral imperative to support our women's side, there's no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow right now, as Yeovil found. Maybe one day, maybe soon even, but right now women's football for most is a labour of love.

SGF

So where has all the transfer money gone that should of been invested in the pitch ?
Into signing players like Nicky Ajose, Nicky Law, Lee Martin, Hiram Boateng, Jayden Stockley, etc. Plus a host of improvements around the ground and at the training ground.

Think the pitch is an excuse for not wanting the women’s team there.
The pitch can barely manage the less than a month of football that is played on it annually as it is. What do you think would happen if you added a further fortnight's worth of wear to it each season?

You said the women’s team don’t attract enough supporters and playing in cullompton will build the fan base ?
I've already said I agree with you that we'll struggle to build a following with the women playing in Cullompton.

The "gravy boat" which sees Man City Women losing almost £2million over the last two seasons? Women's football will become a profitable venture in the coming years, but it isn't quite there yet.

Dannyred

That, or professional women's sides don't see much value in pre-season friendlies against non-professional sides.

Quite a lot of it went on those two shiny new (and quite new) things adjacent to the pitch. Other funds went to supporting a women's development squad.

I'm a fan of women's football and really want to see the game continue to grow, but misleading people helps no-one. While I think we have a moral imperative to support our women's side, there's no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow right now, as Yeovil found. Maybe one day, maybe soon even, but right now women's football for most is a labour of love.
Again it’s down to contacts.

You surprised me there as I thought it was built at no cost to the club ?

We could and should build the best women’s team in the south west, play at SJP and build.

I don’t buy that the pitch won’t take women’s matches every other Sunday.

The club needed to build up the interest further within the city during the World Cup and market it to businesses to back.

At least we all seem to agree collumpton is not the right place for home matches.

SGF

Again, the pitch just about survives a full men's season. It wouldn't survive an additional full women's season.

Temporarily Exiled

You surprised me there as I thought it was built at no cost to the club ?
Some was, other parts weren't. The entire away end wasn't even in the original plans.

Have you seen our pitch by December each year?

PeteUSA

Are you going to put ******** to Brexit after every post going forward? Its gets on the tits after a while.

iscalad

Are you going to put ******** to Brexit after every post going forward? Its gets on the tits after a while.
It's a signature. Which seems to have disappeared. Along with everyone else's. I blame Hants.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's a signature. Which seems to have disappeared. Along with everyone else's. I blame Hants.
They're still there.

David Treharne

The trust board don’t think straight in the first place. After a successful women’s World Cup and more girls than ever playing then now is the time to build on it in the City.
Do these two statements have anything to do with each other?
I'd be interested to know what evidence there is that "The Trust Board don't think straight". Has the poster ever attended a Trust Board meeting?
Has the poster approached the City Council to ask what facilities it already provides to support Women's football in the City?