• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jenna Markham is too good for this league.
She was top quality in her hold up play, her touch and heading. The goal was a clinical finish one chance one goal

Arthur Davey

My first taste of the ladies game and what an excellent game it was. Very competitive affair as befitting of a top of the table clash with two evenly matched teams. We passed the ball wonderfully at times and several stand out players right through the spine. The no 9 striker jemma. the little Messi in midfield 17, the centre half 6 who gave a Shuan Taylor esque performance and the goalkeeper were immense. The save from a free kick was absolute top drawer.

I can certainly recommend it and will be going again soon
Yep, since seeing the Argyle game up the Park, I've been going periodically last couple of years to Exwick, & the cup finals down Newton; always enjoy it.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a good game today, that was very feisty and competitive. Some rather industrial challenges going in, but City held their own. I think they will be the happier of the teams with a point.

Martin Weiler

Unusual floodlights Martin(I’ve got my nerd hat on 😁) You can’t have seen many like that ground hopping.

Great turnout of Grecians by the look of it..
Not sure they are so unusual these days; although totally different to the traditional lights we loved on massive pylons. The Ringwood ones are the modern LED (Light Emitting Diode - I had to look that up!) type that are more common now especially with the grants available. Cheaper and more environmentally friendly.

The first LED lit sports field in the U.K. was switched on at Taunton Vale Sports Club on 6 Sept 2014. There’s not many know that! I didn’t until researching all this for you Olds. That’s 30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back!!

Martin Weiler

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is he on a loop? 🤣
I wonder what he thought of the potential red card incident?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure they are so unusual these days; although totally different to the traditional lights we loved on massive pylons. The Ringwood ones are the modern LED (Light Emitting Diode - I had to look that up!) type that are more common now especially with the grants available. Cheaper and more environmentally friendly.

The first LED lit sports field in the U.K. was switched on at Taunton Vale Sports Club on 6 Sept 2014. There’s not many know that! I didn’t until researching all this for you Olds. That’s 30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back!!
Ah, the sad life of a historian.....

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve watched a couple of games when the’ve been scheduled at SJP Tony, surprising myself it has to be said, about how much I enjoyed it. Like you, i recommend anyone to check it out. There is a lot of coverage on TV for the top flight female clubs, but like the male game, it’s a better experience watching live.
Just a reminder that the City Women's match against Maidenhead on Sunday March 10th will be at SJP (although I don't understand the ticketing message on the club website).

Martin Weiler

Decent sized crowd at Ringwood for Bournemouth game today.

View attachment 14737View attachment 14738
Crowd today announced as 386