• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2021/22 Season

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
3-0 FT, Fully deserved. 👍
Just got back, Hands were so cold could only txt result on my phone (See Above) A great win for the Women's team, Much more satisfying than the win over Eastleigh because this was much better opposition, The early 3rd goal in the 2nd half did for Southampton Women FC, After that they were just chasing the game, Our defence was really on top, Even when our Goalie went walkabout the defence were solid. Midefield played much better than the earlier round because they had to and i thought our passing was excellent. For a cold Sunday afternoon that was a lovely way to spend it, Again a good few fans from Exeter plus a drum made for a good afternoon, Not sure how the WBA game will go but i hope City do themselves proud.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Excellent result 👍

Colesman Ballz

A great note to end the weekend on ! :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The drum was there?

DB9

The drum was there?
A drum was, I think it was these girls who were at Eastleigh too (I think maybe their sister plays for the team?) and were impressed with the lads drumming away there decided to take a drum to this match and were using it quite a lot, Mind i think the bar being open helped too :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The West Brom game is on Sunday 30 January.

grecIAN Harris

A drum was, I think it was these girls who were at Eastleigh too (I think maybe their sister plays for the team?) and were impressed with the lads drumming away there decided to take a drum to this match and were using it quite a lot, Mind i think the bar being open helped too :)
Are you sure it wasn't dannyred? He was always banging the drum for the women's team.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you sure it wasn't dannyred? He was always banging the drum for the women's team.
TBF Dannyred did have a point, but he was +/- two years ahead of what was realistic and would not listen to other viewpoints.

DB9

What I did notice and never really seen a women's match live before these two Cup games is what feisty bunch of ladies they are on the pitch, Getting stuck in and the odd bit of "Nice, Friendly Banter" towards the opposition, Also I saw the same fans at both games, Quite a few of them go on the same coach as the team and are very dedicated, One lady of advanced years even had made her sandwiches last week for the game only to find out on the Sunday morning it was due to be played it had been postponed.

I wasn't a fan of Dannyred's rush, rush, everything must happen straight away ethos, Give it time and hopefully success and climbing the leagues, ECFC could have a very handy women's team.

andrew p long