• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Villa use Walsall for there reserve team matches aswel plus England use it a fair bit for men’s and women’s fixtures at several age levels.
So how can they have so many matches and still have a decent pitch yet our pitch struggle with first team games.

Villa Park to Walsall stadium is 7 miles apart apparently.
I'd imagine the rent Villa pay plus the payment Walsall get from the FA for the England games help with keeping the pitch in decent condition.

Oldsmobile-88

I'd imagine the rent Villa pay plus the payment Walsall get from the FA for the England games help with keeping the pitch in decent condition.
I remember going to Hyde United a few years back,where Man City reserves & the ladies team played on the pitch as well(before the new complex was built for the reserve & ladies teams)
It was like a billiard table.No expense was spared on it.(around £0.75m a season they were saying in the clubhouse)

*Hyde have now got a 4G pitch,which I believe Man City paid for after they moved to the new sport complex.

DB9

I remember going to Hyde United a few years back,where Man City reserves & the ladies team played on the pitch as well(before the new complex was built for the reserve & ladies teams)
It was like a billiard table.No expense was spared on it.(around £0.75m a season they were saying in the clubhouse)

*Hyde have now got a 4G pitch,which I believe Man City paid for after they moved to the new sport complex.
Exactly, These lower league clubs who have big PL teams near them cannot afford to turn down the money they get in rent/payment for the use of their grounds and if that PL team want their womens team playing there as well, Its a kerching moment for that club. Another reason why we can't play extra games at SJP on a regular basis other than the mens 1st team.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Villa use Walsall for there reserve team matches aswel plus England use it a fair bit for men’s and women’s fixtures at several age levels.
So how can they have so many matches and still have a decent pitch yet our pitch struggle with first team games.

Villa Park to Walsall stadium is 7 miles apart apparently.
If there was a PL team who wanted to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds to use SJP and fund the creation of a desso-type pitch that could stand the extra wear and tear, your argument would have force.

As there isn't, it doesn't.

Villa Park to Bescot Stadium is indeed 7 miles if you walk, but over 10 miles on the M5, I checked on Google maps.

Reactions: DB9

Dannyred

Exactly, These lower league clubs who have big PL teams near them cannot afford to turn down the money they get in rent/payment for the use of their grounds and if that PL team want their womens team playing there as well, Its a kerching moment for that club. Another reason why we can't play extra games at SJP on a regular basis other than the mens 1st team.
The main issue is we as a club need to have 4-6 women’s matches a season at SJP and for the women’s team to play in Exeter.

DB9

The main issue is we as a club need to have 4-6 women’s matches a season at SJP and for the women’s team to play in Exeter.
So now you've changed your stance from having the womens team playing ALL their games at SJP (Which you wanted to earlier in this thread) to playing only 5/6 games per season while at other times the womens team play within the City's bounderies? Can you explain the need for the womens team play at SJP if they found a home within the City's bounderies? As explained to you on many times that there are no or very few teams that play at the stadiums of their male counterparts on a regular basis.

Colesman Ballz

How far have you got so far with fundraising that £6K ? Just asking like ! :cool:

Dannyred

So now you've changed your stance from having the womens team playing ALL their games at SJP (Which you wanted to earlier in this thread) to playing only 5/6 games per season while at other times the womens team play within the City's bounderies? Can you explain the need for the womens team play at SJP if they found a home within the City's bounderies? As explained to you on many times that there are no or very few teams that play at the stadiums of their male counterparts on a regular basis.
If you don’t understand why the women shouldn’t be seen playing at SJP then you clearly won’t understand how sexist you are to all females who want to represent our club and deserve better.

Are there no or very few teams ? Make your mind up.

DB9

If you don’t understand why the women shouldn’t be seen playing at SJP then you clearly won’t understand how sexist you are to all females who want to represent our club and deserve better.

Are there no or very few teams ? Make your mind up.
Why hightlight only half of a sentence? And I'll say again, If the womens team played within the City's boundaries (Which you have asked for) then why the need to play at SJP? As for saying "No or very few teams" is because i don't know and have never said i know, Unlike you who keeps harping on about knowing everything about the womens game, On that note when this week is there this big announcemnt regarding the womens games you alluded to last week?

Last edited:

Dannyred

Why hightlight only half of a sentence? And I'll say again, If the womens team played within the City's boundaries (Which you have asked for) then why the need to play at SJP? As for saying "No or very few teams" is because i don't know and have never said i know, Unlike you who keeps harping on about knowing everything about the womens game, On that note when this week is there this big announcemnt regarding the womens games you alluded to last week?
To ask why you are sounding like you want to keep SJP as a Male only pitch, is that not sexist?