• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Newport County Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exehausted

With the play-offs now all but gone, I would be tempted to tell the players that are going that they can go now and bring in the kids. Particularly with Sonny Cox and Harry Lee supposedly leaving as well, why not give those two a run out? It might make the fight for them from the big clubs see them pay us more money. Just imagine if they won all three games and we made the play-offs?!

Red Bill

Oh well, looks like the pitch is getting done then!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Name him.
I think we'll need to sign him first.

Exehausted

Name him.
You would imagine that one of Matt's new signings will have been brought in to fill this role.

Exehausted

Beat me to it!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who would you sign though ?

It's very easy to say we need a proven winner as captain.

Obviously players like that who are still good enough don't grow on trees ! It's like saying we need a 30 goal a season striker !

Keep dreaming Memo.

Last edited:

denzil

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent interview however it's the same old stuff, things don't change on the pitch.

The lack of quality from the middle of the pitch has been obvious for ages. It's nothing new.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
A poor interview, in terms of the City media team. Not much point standing Matt in front of a sponsors board, if it is completely out of focus, and unreadable !

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who would you sign though ?

It's very easy to say we need a proven winner as captain.

Obviously players like that who are still good enough don't grow on trees ! It's like saying we need a 30 goal a season striker !

Keep dreaming Memo.
What absolute rubbish. There'll be plenty of League One players out of contract who've won promotion from L2 before.

If we're really, as Taylor says, going to be signing players of "serious stature" this summer then one or two such players should not be out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.