• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Fleetwood Town match day thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard to tell from the iFollow camera angle but I thought it was a fair tackle. I'm sure those at the ground with a better view will let us know if that's right or not. What I would say is that the ref has been fairly consistent at letting some fairly robust tackles go unpunished.
Looked a fair tackle to me from the SSAS

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Three points here for the taking. Love seeing Chieck back, that means three CB's fit for tues. Jevani marked out of it up to now.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everything ro play for but we aren't dominating the match enough and not moving the ball around quicker.They are team that will panic when we put more pressure on them.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood's crowds have always been terrible. Why didn't we stick them in the Selco?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tim Dieng getting a very particular warm up during half time. Coming on soon?

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
We need to get another body in midfield. Their 4-3-3 is messing us around in wide areas. Archie and Harry are working overtime tracking third man runs. They have to big an area to cover and another player in with them to pick up pieces and get us moving forward. Jevani isn't really in the game.
Agree with this. Both Archie and Kite have done really well out of possession in terms of tracking Fleetwood’s #8’s when they look to run in behind those spaces between our Wing Backs and side CB’s.

It would be a bold move but I could see Dieng coming on for Brown at some point if he doesn’t improve. Or one of the forwards comes off and Brown plays farther forward.

Cowshed Grecian

It’s not that we keep persisting with it, it’s due to the fact that we have injuries and have had to play this way.

Now that Cheick is back I would expect Sweeney to revert back to RCB and Key will return to RWB next game
I’m well aware of the injuries mate, doesn’t mean to say we “have” to play this way.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stanno draws a good save from their keeper.

Not happy with the ref

tom_ecfc

Can someone tell the BBC Radio Devon commentators to stop talking about the rugby of other teams in completely different divisions! 😡

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
1666452147677.png