• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Fleetwood Town match day thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Caprice playing in front of Key. Not convinced by this and Key is stymied on his forward runs
Key is playing as a centre half, he shouldn't be going off on too many runs. That said, Caprice has been $4ite so I'd take him off, replace him with Dieng or Harper push Kite back to centre half and put Key back where he knows what he is doing and crack on from there.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Holy crap - Nom’s cleaned out of it by their goalkeeper!!
Hard to tell from the iFollow camera angle but I thought it was a fair tackle. I'm sure those at the ground with a better view will let us know if that's right or not. What I would say is that the ref has been fairly consistent at letting some fairly robust tackles go unpunished.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Key is playing as a centre half, he shouldn't be going off on too many runs. That said, Caprice has been $4ite so I'd take him off, replace him with Dieng or Harper push Kite back to centre half and put Key back where he knows what he is doing and crack on from there.
We need Kite in midfield. I'd just go 4 at the back with Key and Sparkes as full-backs.

Rosencrantz

We need to get another body in midfield. Their 4-3-3 is messing us around in wide areas. Archie and Harry are working overtime tracking third man runs. They have to big an area to cover and another player in with them to pick up pieces and get us moving forward. Jevani isn't really in the game.

STURTZ

Great to see Cheik back, him and Hartridge have been solid at the back whilst under a lot of pressure. Cities midfield have not been able to get control of the game and Fleetwood have the lions share of possession. The ref has given us nothing and to me it seemed Nombe was clean through but brought down, ref bottled it. Nevertheless I think we are gaining confidence in attack and if we can start providing we will win. Two set pieces found two totally unmarked players (Diabate and Hartridge), they failed to hit the target. To me it seems our wing backs need to get forward more.

crocks

Thank goodness Fleetwood are crap in the final 3rd

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although the Radio Devon commentators described that as entertaining I thought it was a pretty dull half. After the shambles of last Saturday we've looked much more solid and organised but unfortunately the same is true of Fleetwood and it's been a bit of a stalemate. Even though we are the home time we've looked most dangerous when we've caught them on the break and Jay and Sam have had space to run into.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Although the Radio Devon commentators described that as entertaining I thought it was a pretty dull half. After the shambles of last Saturday we've looked much more solid and organised but unfortunately the same is true of Fleetwood and it's been a bit of a stalemate. Even though we are the home time we've looked most dangerous when we've caught them on the break and Jay and Sam have had space to run into.
I think it's been dull.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see Cheik back, him and Hartridge have been solid at the back whilst under a lot of pressure. Cities midfield have not been able to get control of the game and Fleetwood have the lions share of possession. The ref has given us nothing and to me it seemed Nombe was clean through but brought down, ref bottled it. Nevertheless I think we are gaining confidence in attack and if we can start providing we will win. Two set pieces found two totally unmarked players (Diabate and Hartridge), they failed to hit the target. To me it seems our wing backs need to get forward more.
After conceding so many goals recently I wonder if it's been a deliberate tactic to have the wing-backs playing so deep. We've definitely looked much better defensively but as a result have looked much less threatening going forward.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member