• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not available outside the UK. :mad:
We know. There is feck all I can do about it do I don't know why you keep making the same pointless comment each game.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The ground is looking so much better on camera now, just need fans in place

PeteUSA

We know. There is feck all I can do about it do I don't know why you keep making the same pointless comment each game.
Keep yer hair on. Its only the second time I've ever mentioned it!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not available outside the UK. :mad:
Yes it is, you just have to be smart enough to use a VPN.

geoffwp

Keep yer hair on. Its only the second time I've ever mentioned it!
I heard that Hants was bald. :)

flakey pasty

Was slightly surprised to see Ryan Broom playing up front today. I thought he was a sweeper.

Stelios

Can't really add much to what has already been said. Lacklustre 1st half, sat back and let Cheltenham play. Aimless hoofing. They looked decent but we made them look decent. Looked like a pen to me and they had a few crosses half/chances etc that looked dangerous. Really poor hoof balls up to Stockley. He does get fouled but he likes to try and 'buy' fouls too so it's not surprising he doesn't get all the decisions. Yet another soft goal given away. Taylor must be seething.

I don't see how you can judge a player like Lee Martin today when balls are just be hoofed down the middle to Stockley. I thought L Martin played well when given the ball and created a couple of chances. Him and Holmes seem pretty interchangeable?

I was convinced Sweeney would score today and I although I very rarely bet I thought during the week I had to bet on him scoring today. Unfortunately I only remembered this plan when the ball flew off his boot into the corner. Absolute peach of a strike. Superb.

When we play football we are fantastic. Boateng and Law are different class when firing. When Forte was on Stockley dropped back a bit and fed him a few times. Great combination. I do think we need Tilson for extra cover. Special mention for Luke Croll who looked comfortable and classy for most of the game.

Pym 6

Sweeney 7
Croll 8
A Martin 7
Moxey 6

Tilson 6 (defends well but gave the ball away a bit)
Taylor 7
Law 8
Boateng 8
L Martin 6

Stockley 7

Saint James

Turning point was the equalizer so early after half time and what a strike (looking forward to seeing that one on TV later). Taylor deserves so much credit for changing his own favoured formation as Tillson is allowing Law and Boateng freedom to tear teams apart. If this means sticking to the lone striker then so be it as scoring 8 in two games at home is clearly not working :) Nothing Pym could do about their goal but when Woodman is fit Moxey will have to up his defensive game. I thought Luke Croll was excellent throughout and very good in possession - he has formed a good centre back partnership with the very reliable Martin who was a great signing. Can we please stick with Jake Taylor on the right where he appears so much more dangerous than in the middle