• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprised no comments made on Jayden's goal either - lovely build up and real "fox in the box" stuff to manoeuvre around the defenders to stab it home (echoes of Curo, Dazza, Kells, Banksy there?) and give us the LEAD!

Let's face it, in their individual and different ways they wuz ALL cracking finishes - we are truly blessed, I think (y)

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably because of the cool way he slotted it home, bending it round the keeper with ease to give the keeper no chance in a month of Sundays. Proper quality.
Seen many one on ones at the Park where the attacker has put the ball over the crossbar, missed completely or had his effort saved. Johnathan Forte’s finish showed real quality.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont think anybodys singling out Pym for that goal Mike. He was totally let down by defenders in front of him in an appaling fashion. I just think his approach to the player who crossed that ball was a bit suspect. Flinders demonstrated how a one on one works when he blocked a shot from one of our players who was clean through in the second half - total commitment to block that ball.
It was Lee Martin and yes Flinders was off his line very quickly and on top of him before he had the chance to side step or lob the ball over him.

PeteUSA

Pete messed up? I don’t believe it :D
Hilarious. So are you back in a big way permanently? Is you wrecking threads going to be a regular feature?

Temporarily Exiled

Hilarious. So are you back in a big way permanently? Is you wrecking threads going to be a regular feature?
Seems he's finally gotten over the heartache of losing Tis.

iscalad

You have royally ****ed up that quote. It was me addressing PeteUSA, nothing to do with Mox.

(Update: I tried to quote iscalad’s post but it doesn’t work properly, so assume he was caught out in the same way. The comment above is meant for isca)
Yep, I blame Pete for not quoting it correctly. :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Lets keep on topic please ! This is a matchday thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 view of yesterday

https://youtu.be/oy0HVroICSI?t=11s