• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

Cowshed Grecian

I saw Tom Kelly in the pub last night for those old enough to remember him!

Bridgy 81

Brown deliberately tripped a middle aged City supporter running onto the pitch at the end, classless oik !
I remember years ago when he was at SJP managing someone else and he was standing and chatting on the pitch after the match.
One of the groundstaff or maybe a pitch volunteer asked him (I’m sure politely) if he would move so they could continue with whatever they were doing and his response was inappropriate and unnecessary to say the least.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
A real CLUB, TEAM and SQUAD effort. Two things I’ve really liked:

* 5 Academy players start the promotion winning game. Sparkes, Jay, Collins, Key and Diabate. In addition Hartridge and Kite make excellent contributions through the season.

* The goals from all over the squad. Since Swindon away 10 different players have scored from regulars to occasionals. Dieng, Brown, Diabate, Phillips, Sparkes, Grounds, Taylor, Stubbs, Amond and Zanzala.

So credit to the Academy and to the Manager and coaches for creating such team spirit and resilience and to the players for delivering.
If we can hang on to most and add a few could we do a double promotion like we did coming out Conference ? UTC

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor live on SSN in a mo. 👍

Bridgy 81

Thanks for the tip. I missed the beginning but I think I heard most of it.
It sounded at the end that the Interviewer made reference to an impending new arrival in the Taylor household?
If so what a week for Matt and his family and hopefully we’ll all have even more to celebrate by 7th May.
He looked very dapper in his cricket whites too.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
If anyone finds this online would love to watch it

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
A real CLUB, TEAM and SQUAD effort. Two things I’ve really liked:

* 5 Academy players start the promotion winning game. Sparkes, Jay, Collins, Key and Diabate. In addition Hartridge and Kite make excellent contributions through the season.

* The goals from all over the squad. Since Swindon away 10 different players have scored from regulars to occasionals. Dieng, Brown, Diabate, Phillips, Sparkes, Grounds, Taylor, Stubbs, Amond and Zanzala.

So credit to the Academy and to the Manager and coaches for creating such team spirit and resilience and to the players for delivering.
Great post!!
Fitting that it was MJ that scored the goal to send us up, but also that it was created by both Archie Collins and Josh Key!!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seeing we scored all 3 goals last night does it take one more off difference to FGR ?
I also think that post match party was a bit over the top just for Scott Brown's birthday !
UTC

Bridgy 81

Fitting that it was MJ that scored the goal to send us up, but also that it was created by both Archie Collins and Josh Key!!
Albeit with a throw in which wasn’t ours, was then taken incorrectly and possibly hand balled by Matt Jay before he scored!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Albeit with a throw in which wasn’t ours, was then taken incorrectly and possibly hand balled by Matt Jay before he scored!
You are Pete USA and I claim my free hotdog.😆