• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Wycombe Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A decent crowd last night I thought.There was only a minimal reduction in the admission price plus it was on the back of a game only 3 days before.

Arthur Davey

A decent crowd last night I thought.There was only a minimal reduction in the admission price plus it was on the back of a game only 3 days before.
Yep, having missed Sat as heading back from short hol, really enjoyed the Collective's (great to hear a singing crowd again 👍🏼👏🏼) ongoing...'banter' with Stockdale, who took it really well. Pitch looks lush - hope it stays that way - and totally conducive to a good passing on the deck game - probably Bloomfield would've wished so anyway, when wiped out by his teammate's clearance, which I confess to having found sadistically entertaining.

malcolms

Two clean sheets which is encouraging bearing in mind it was felt we might be struggling defensively. However, no goals when we thought we might be more potent this year than last is 'concerning'.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Big Bank looks great in the sunshine! Highlights

Grecian_Nick

Good synopsis, but I'm surprised you didn't mention James Dodd, so I'll give him an honourable mention. I thought he looked excellent when he came on. Read the game really well and intent on pushing forward. Shame about the penalty, but c'est la vie. I'd like to see a lot more of the lad
Agreed. Having seen him play twice in preseason I was impressed with his play. Cleary hasn't had many minutes for a long time - so I am torn between him going on loan to play more regularly and keeping him as back up to Jay and maybe Brown. On balance - and given lack of strength in depth - probably a regular on the bench for now but hopefully he will get some minutes fairly frequently.

Grecian_Nick

Strange that all the doubts were about the defence whilst looking good in attack and now two 0-0's.
Plus central midfield - with Collins out we looked weak in that area. But with Attangana, Dieng and Kite all playing well we seem to have decent options now and even better once Collins back.

Andy_H

To me this just confirms what a balls up the government have made recently in letting go of the reins completely and trusting in each individual’s common sense, a quality such as respect for others and discipline, which in the case of many individuals has long since vanished.

So last Saturday open the gates let the hoards in to behave exactly as they did pre COVID and then wonder why the infection rate has risen……words fail me.
"And that concludes the Party Political broadcast for the 'Anti anything the Government does' party! Now back to the theme of the thread.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
First game of the season for me last night as I wasn't there on Saturday and didn't see any of the friendlies. I heard good things about dawson and I was impressed with him in goal last night. The defence held up pretty well and we were unlucky not to nick it near the end. If we don't lose anyone else and get back to full strength with a couple of additions we'll be up there again this season.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
"And that concludes the Party Political broadcast for the 'Anti anything the Government does' party! Now back to the theme of the thread.
Not sure that I'd have Sexton down as a rabid Corbynista; would wager he's far more likely to be a Conservative voter.

Reactions: WXF

Grecian Max

Not sure that I'd have Sexton down as a rabid Corbynista; would wager he's far more likely to be a Conservative voter.
Corbyn even relevant any more?