• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Wycombe Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two things...

1) And the other 75%? Some have valid reasons why they cannot/should not be inoculated. A quarter is a big part of the population.

2) The jabs, particularly AZ, is not a 100% guarantee. You may still get it, you may still be able to spread it (and never know you had it) and/or you may still have severe symptoms and die even if you have been jabbed - particularly if you are older (+50 like me). It does not reduce the risk to zero.

Do you have older relatives?
Thanks for the patronising response - yes I'm aware of efficacy rates, yes I have older relatives (unnecessary and stupid thing to say - I was pro lockdown), less than 25% remaining to be jabbed (large chunk of which are under 18) - we are close to or over the threshold of herd immunity which doesn't require to be 100%

Have a good day

Andy_H

Not sure that I'd have Sexton down as a rabid Corbynista; would wager he's far more likely to be a Conservative voter.
I don't think that you have to support 'Jezzer' to be a member of 'this' party. But back on topic anyway.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Corbyn even relevant any more?
My point, badly made perhaps, is that knowing Sexton as I do I'd have him down as the antithesis of someone who's 'anti anything the government does'.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Corbyn even relevant any more?
In truth I don’t think he ever was although he was definitely a bl***y irritating and annoying individual and heaven knows where we would be now if he and Abbot were in government…..end of all political references.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
My point, badly made perhaps, is that knowing Sexton as I do I'd have him down as the antithesis of someone who's 'anti anything the government does'.
Hi Egg Cheers for that lol.

Bridgy 81

Adams and now Ainsworth...what a start to the season!
All we need now is an unexpected fixture against Steve Evans’ Gillingham and we’ll have the full set!

andrew p long

less than 25% remaining to be jabbed (large chunk of which are under 18) - we are close to or over the threshold of herd immunity which doesn't require to be 100%
Max

I think your earlier post said 75% of the total population had been double jabbed

On a point of clarification I think its 75% of the *adult* population which is double jabbed, currently standing at just under 40million

the total UK population is said to be 68.2 million

So its only about 60% of the total population that is double jabbed. And about 70% of the total population that is single jabbed.

Colesman Ballz

Meanwhile in thread related news, Wycombe's reward for their victory is a trip to Satanage in the next round.

Grecian Max

Max

I think your earlier post said 75% of the total population had been double jabbed

On a point of clarification I think its 75% of the *adult* population which is double jabbed, currently standing at just under 40million

the total UK population is said to be 68.2 million

So its only about 60% of the total population that is double jabbed. And about 70% of the total population that is single jabbed.
This is fair

Memphis09

Exactly, we missed 3 pens so why all the focus on Grounds ?
Because he his not good enough as showed on Saturday especially first half
Past sell by date to slow I am afraid