• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v West Ham U21's - EFL Trophy, Match Day Thread

benjisheps

Ok then. But Sparkes did play well, right?
Having watched it on I-Follow I thought Sparkes did ok. Had a couple of very good moments (hitting the post and delivery for Tillson's goal) but also had some very inconsistent moments with some poor crosses and losses of possession. I can see why MT has left him out recently and this is all part of his development.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ah... they were the two that Matt Taylor mentioned in his post match interview. Re Joel Randell MT glided over the two goals but raved about his work rate. And followed up by saying that Alex Hartridge’s performance was ‘proper’ , which in MT speak is high praise.
I've only seen the highlights. Randell took his goals well. Didn't notice Hartridge.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Those are the 2 that I would like to see playing in the first team sooner rather than later, Randell and Hartridge that is.

PeteUSA

Was that Vasser in goal for us? I thought I detected a bun. Whoever it is/was looks decidedly short! Also, I have a secret pet hate regarding keepers: I dont like to see them wearing track suit bottoms to protect their skin. John Shaw was never without them, even in the middle of summer, but he had skin and hair loss ussues that made him exempt.

Rosencrantz

Was that Vasser in goal for us? I thought I detected a bun. Whoever it is/was looks decidedly short! Also, I have a secret pet hate regarding keepers: I dont like to see them wearing track suit bottoms to protect their skin. John Shaw was never without them, even in the middle of summer, but he had skin and hair loss ussues that made him exempt.
He is comfortably 6ft plus Pete and was wearing leggings as it was blooming freezing last night. I'm not sure what temperature he is used to in SA but on the amount of work he had to do last night I was surprised he wasn't looking to borrow Matt's big coat 😉

Grecian2K

Also, I have a secret pet hate regarding keepers.
Only the ONE???????? :eek:
(Oh, and ps, you could at least try and take the trouble to spell our back-up glovesman's surname correctly! :p)

Matt Russell

Just blown one of your secrets Pete.
As you are in a giving mood, is this an opportune time to ask if you've joined the trust?

Banksy

Those are the 2 that I would like to see playing in the first team sooner rather than later, Randell and Hartridge that is.
Is Randell better than Seymour do you reckon?

Rosencrantz

Is Randell better than Seymour do you reckon?
Different kind of player. Seymour is an out and out striker. Randall is more an attacking midfielder/winger with a bit of an eye for goal.

Banksy

Different kind of player. Seymour is an out and out striker. Randall is more an attacking midfielder/winger with a bit of an eye for goal.
Thanks , that’s the problem with not being able to watch games on a regular basis anymore. Thank you for the information.