• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Walsall match day thread.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's a game we might have expected to win! Walsall played well and could have won it. So much for the punters that said we had played all the top teams after about 6 games! This league is wide open and virtually anybody could win it.
Once again we opted to try and hold them out first half and once again we switched formation second half to bolster the midfield. Once again we resorted to the high boot to their center half, Nombe shows he's half decent on the ground but he's never going to win a header. My mom would be Dawson as he's the only player that didn't make an obvious mistake.
Plea to Matt Taylor (ours}, can we have a proper left back please? It's depressing to see our attacks being held up by Caprice having to cut back.
Missed my train home, bad day!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or you might hate it.
True. But you'd also get to see City play poorly and keep your fuel.

Antony Moxey

Not much to write home about, other than once again we seemed to play better with a back four rather than a back five. Sweeney poor, Jay poor, Brown poor, the rest average. The only high point was Nombe’s well taken goal. I was pleased when the final whistle eventually came.

denzel

Only positives for me were Nombe, and Archie in the second half.
And KMT agrees with me that MJ needs to be taken off pens.
Thought Walsall were very good though, certainly better than 22nd.
I hate all these draws but it could have been worse

milts

Not much to write home about, other than once again we seemed to play better with a back four rather than a back five. Sweeney poor, Jay poor, Brown poor, the rest average. The only high point was Nombe’s well taken goal. I was pleased when the final whistle eventually came.
Harsh to say Sweeney was poor. I am not his biggest fan but thought he got the defence out of trouble several times.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought Josh Key was poor today, but well done on getting the sponsors man of the match. 🙂

arthur

Plea to Matt Taylor (ours}, can we have a proper left back please? It's depressing to see our attacks being held up by Caprice having to cut back.
Daniel and Grounds both on the bench.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

denzel

I thought Josh Key was poor today, but well done on getting the sponsors man of the match. 🙂
Yes, strange decision but he was better in the second half after we changed formation. Unsurprisingly.
It should have been Sam all day long

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member