• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Tranmere Rovers Matchday Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Zanzala does a pretty good job when challenging for long balls but I can't work out why he never seems to be close to getting on the end of crosses unless he is completely unmarked like last Saturday.
Having rewatched the game back it’s frustrated the hell out of me, there was four decent crosses that came in from Key in the first half. Zanzala should and could of attacked every ball. I’m sure this is something Taylor must have on his radar, I’m pretty confident if Podge was in the box he would of got on the end of one of them.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was responding to Sexxton Blake‘s suggestion that four more points, taking us to 81, could be enough.
OK apologies.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's played almost all of his matches for us on the left of the back 3 and looked immaculate there.
He looked competent there. He didn't look immaculate because there was no attacking element to his play since he is right footed. The quality of the interplay between Hartridge and Sparkes is almost entirely absent when Diabate plays at LCB

Grecian Max

One thing that really stood out to me yesterday was Jevani getting crowded out every time he was on the ball. I thought Tranmere did an excellent job defensively for the second time this season against us.

Not too disheartened as we weren’t at our best yet still competed all game, just so wasteful in the final third.

I’m sure we’ll be back on it for the next 2 with a clear 6 point goal for promotion now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Red Devon

I don’t think the performance was too bad really fine lines more than anything else, Zanzala was incredibly unlucky with his shot that came back off the crossbar, Tim should have buried that header on the stroke of half-time and Amond was again so close to a tap in when a defender practically took the ball off his foot…as has been said before the first goal is so important to any team in the way they want to control a match.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He looked competent there. He didn't look immaculate because there was no attacking element to his play since he is right footed. The quality of the interplay between Hartridge and Sparkes is almost entirely absent when Diabate plays at LCB
Ok, immaculate may not have been the right word but before yesterday Diabate had been pretty fautless defensively wherever he had played across the back line. Yes, his distribution isn't great when played on the left but personally I don't see that as a big issue.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think the performance was too bad really fine lines more than anything else, Zanzala was incredibly unlucky with his shot that came back off the crossbar, Tim should have buried that header on the stroke of half-time and Amond was again so close to a tap in when a defender practically took the ball off his foot…as has been said before the first goal is so important to any team in the way they want to control a match.
We've seen twice this season that once you go behind against Tranmere they are excellent at making it very difficult for a team to get back into the game, both using legitimate and less legitimate tactics.

Martin Weiler

While yesterday there was a fracas with a teenage ball boy, Tranmere also have previous with a 72 year old pensioner.

I wonder how many of you up at Prenton Park noticed the wonderful murals in the vicinity of the ground. There was one just opposite the away end that had me scratching my head:

F0C2BEE3-F67C-4BD5-9846-4E5174177617.jpeg

So I looked it up and found this great account of the night Tranmere drove one of their faithful over the edge:

Thought there were some brilliant touches around the impressive stadium including this:

732DD087-FE05-44ED-B5C3-21631AAFE382.jpeg

Great sentiments.

fred binneys head

How many city fans were there, has it been announced?