• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Tranmere Rovers Matchday Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many city fans were there, has it been announced?

Alistair20000

fred binneys head

One thing I didn't mention before is how awful Darren Drysdale was as referee, he was abysmal as was the lino closest to us. Absolutely pathetic displays from them both, playing to the crowd, playing advantage when he shouldn't, giving fouls the wrong way, etc.

Shame, as I'd always liked him since he refereed our 4-0 demolition of argyle a couple of years or so ago.

andrew p long

It wasn't a surprise when MT took off Cheickh and Oz as each had been booked. The Tranmere crowd were baying for everything - and booing Cheickh's every touch. You could see that a weak referee would appease the crowd by deeming any foul by Cheickh - or even a non foul contact - as a (second) yellow and thus red.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but Tranmere seemed to set out repeatedly to clatter players after the ball had gone, as well as Clarke elbowing Dieng in the head in the opening minutes.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing I didn't mention before is how awful Darren Drysdale was as referee,
, playing to the crowd,
Almost every ref in our division does this and we have to accept it as a fact of life and pressurise the refs accordingly at home. The most ridiculous decisions I've seen over the past five years on iFollow are always in favour of the home team, like our "goal" recently when Zanzala fouled the keeper and when a penalty was given against Christy Pym for punching the ball away and getting fouled himself at Forest Green a few years back. The penalty we were denied at Port Vale recently might well have been given if it had happened in front of the Big Bank. Now we have a noisy crowd we need to play on this in our next home games.

CityTillIDie

No sympathy for ballboy, he’s clearly in his teens and knew what he was doing.

Alistair20000

One thing I didn't mention before is how awful Darren Drysdale was as referee, he was abysmal as was the lino closest to us. Absolutely pathetic displays from them both, playing to the crowd, playing advantage when he shouldn't, giving fouls the wrong way, etc.

Shame, as I'd always liked him since he refereed our 4-0 demolition of argyle a couple of years or so ago.
Not always a softcock is Darren

The penalty he gave us against the Gargs in the 4-0 rout probably was a bit generous to us mind.

Red Devon

It wasn't a surprise when MT took off Cheickh and Oz as each had been booked. The Tranmere crowd were baying for everything - and booing Cheickh's every touch. You could see that a weak referee would appease the crowd by deeming any foul by Cheickh - or even a non foul contact - as a (second) yellow and thus red.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but Tranmere seemed to set out repeatedly to clatter players after the ball had gone, as well as Clarke elbowing Dieng in the head in the opening minutes.
Was very a sensible decision from MT to take them off the last thing we would have needed was losing another CB in particular.

Edna Clouds

There was an absolute shocker of a tackle on Collins. Late and two footed. It was given as a free kick so the ref saw it. How it wasn't at least a yellow I don't know.

denzel

There was an absolute shocker of a tackle on Collins. Late and two footed. It was given as a free kick so the ref saw it. How it wasn't at least a yellow I don't know.
Our players should have surrounded the ref like the Tranmere players did when they got a free kick