• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Tranmere Rovers Matchday Thread

Cowshed Grecian

I'd written this game off in my calculations/guesswork (delete as you feel appropriate). The last push starts on Saturday and it's going to the wire. The result below us have gone our way (now you see why I wanted Rovers to win Fred ;) ) with both Port Vale and Mansfield losing although having said that Mansfield seem to be tailing off like the end of Haleys Comet looking at their league position.
Agree. Win the next two which we should, sit back now and watch the Vegans mess up the title.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too many below par performances there.We had to be at our best ,but didn't get the breaks.Zanzala and Brown didn't get l support in as many numbers as we should have.Didnt load the box enough when we had territory infield.That was a match for Caprice.Rowe was anonymous. Zanzala and Diabate showed their inexperience. We didn't stop crosses when it was easier to do so,although the first goal was a collective failure from all our centre backs.Disappointing because we got ourselves well into it when Jay and Coley came on.Quite a few defeats from those around us ,so not that damaging.

dontpassback

Dissapointing today,but when all is said and done,it is still in our hands,Rochdale and barrow coming up and we need to get wins,but teams around us have to play each other and the likelihood of them dropping points

tonykellowfan

I thought that was quite a poor performance tbh.

If we cant't compete with sides like that it will be a long season in L1 next year.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought that was quite a poor performance tbh.

If we cant't compete with sides like that it will be a long season in L1 next year.
Physical teams like them and Sutton we always struggle with.

geoffwp

Yep, no real harm done as far as I can see.
Theres always a risk of harm done with a defeat IMO. Not necessarily to any mathematics but to confidence. Let's hope we bounce back again. The fat lady's taxi to the theatre is waiting outside her appartment.🤞

older-codger

I think we missed Hartridge today. Sparkes was not on his game without him and I would have had Caprice on at half time- especially with something to prove against his old club. Overall we were on a combined off day and for once the impregnable defence were at fault for both goals.

I'm a bit worried that Rochdale and Barrow are showing a bit of form at the wrong time but would still expect us to get the six points that we need.

Jammers20

We were absolute dog today.. Zanzala and Brown were non existent. Zanzala loves a scrap until he's in the box then dissapears. Rowe was a passenger.
The ref was a total joke and it amazes me how such a poor standard is excepted by the EFL constantly. Tranmere were a bunch of shithouses and the fans equal, calling for absolutely everything. But we have to be better than that in those situations and can't fall apart like today.
On to the next game though. Its still in our hands. CTID

andrew p long

After an eight year drought of starting threads. Praying the boys bring it home!

Come on you reds!
You're fired.

Edna Clouds

Not our day today. Didn't play terrible but lacked the final ball. One or two dodgy decisions by the ref. Their first goal looked like a foul in the build up. That foul on Collins second half I've seen players sent off for similar yet not even a yellow. The ball had gone and it was two footed. Their second goal was very good and they saw the game out pretty well.