• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Tranmere Rovers Matchday Thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had one shot on target in that game, which was in the last minute. Tranmere very much did their homework on how we build our play and snuffed it out. We looked tired and hopefully will be fresher on Saturday.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now it’s Northampton and Bristol Rovers everyone will be looking over their shoulders at!

grecIAN Harris

I'd written this game off in my calculations/guesswork (delete as you feel appropriate). The last push starts on Saturday and it's going to the wire. The result below us have gone our way (now you see why I wanted Rovers to win Fred ;) ) with both Port Vale and Mansfield losing although having said that Mansfield seem to be tailing off like the end of Haleys Comet looking at their league position.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still 5 points needed to be sure. Be nice to get it done asap
Six by my reckoning - Sutton have four games to play and, should they win them all, can get to 82 points.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Vale and Mansfield results mean this is a small dent rather than a major problem. If we get all three against Rochdale all will be well again.
Yep, no real harm done as far as I can see.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mansfield seem to be tailing off like the end of Halleys Comet
Could be 76 years until they mount their next promotion bid!

manc grecian

Six by my reckoning - Sutton have four games to play and, should they win them all, can get to 82 points.
Goal difference

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The result below us have gone our way (now you see why I wanted Rovers to win Fred ;) ) with both Port Vale and Mansfield losing although having said that Mansfield seem to be tailing off like the end of Haleys Comet looking at their league position.
Not really. We’d be closer to securing a top-three finish had Rovers lost. And if the title’s all you’re worried about then that pretty much demands we beat Port Vale on the final day and, in so doing, move back above them.

Nigel E

The maths suddenly become quite straightforward after today.

There are three sides - Northampton, Brizzle Rovers and Sutton - outside the top three who can get to 82 points, so 5 points and favourable GD, or 6 points and we go up.

Realistically the only one of those sides who could beat us on GD are the Cobblers (especially as they play us, so a 2-0 win or better would turn it around in their favour).

You have to fancy that at least one of those three sides might do it, so we just have to concentrate on the next two games and win them.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Goal difference
But if Sutton were to win their last four games, there might not be much in our respective goal differences.