• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Southend United Matchday Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
So very pleased that exeweb doesnt run the club as we would be totally fooked.😄

Legohead

Banned
So very pleased that exeweb doesnt run the club as we would be totally fooked.😄
I know. God forbid we had any input into how the club is run........................

IndoMike

Highlights

Not watching. I want to sleep well tonight

geoffwp

I know. God forbid we had any input into how the club is run........................
Absolutely. I'd have to shoot you if you did.😆

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Geoff and Ballz, you two should get a room, you'd have loads of fun.

Colesman Ballz

Geoff and Ballz, you two should get a room, you'd have loads of fun.
Don't go expecting an invite if we did, personally speaking bestiality or monkeying around holds no fascination Chimp ! :p

Pobbop

Here’s my take on where we are. (assuming we don’t make the play offs).
MT gets one more year....with a clear target of the play offs as an absolute minimum, with top three the main aim, with a decent incentive bonus all round if he and the team make it to L1. He moves on if we fail the playoffs/ promotion.
Major clear out of the squad in the summer....we could all list the names, starting with Ajose. Probably 6 or 7 to go. We should definitely try to keep Iceman of course, and probably Willmot. We need to hang on to the young stars...Randall, Kite,Hartridge.
Recruit at least same amount to replace....no crocks, but oven-ready as the saying goes...players who are at L1 level....spend some money. Remember what Stockley cost, what he did for us, and what we sold him on for.
MT needs some help on this through the summer....find a wise old head to help out with recruitment/ contacts.
Major trial in the summer of non league players at C&F to find a couple of hungry young players to bring in to the squad.
Fix the pitch once and for all.
And get the fans back...obvs.
That would be a good start wouldn’t it?
I don't think we are too far away from each other TBH, I do feel recruitment has been poor, but not even sure who does that, if it's Taylor maybe we should look at giving him some help.

I'm afraid Seymour isn't cutting it, so we need to get rid of Ajose him and Fisher and try to get 2 decentish forwards. As for just picking out oven ready (hideous term) Division 3 players, I'm not sure why they'd be coming here, which is always our problem. I think you need at least 4 forwards who can pinch a goal from the start or the bench.The one time we did bring in a lot of that type, we were in a division higher and ended up in Tisdale's relegation. I do think people underestimate how hard it is to bring players in, of a good age, as most of them will have families, and need to relocate, particularly as we're in division 4, we should at least be more than competitive with wages for once hopefully..

On the pitch, well the more money we throw at it, the worse it seems to be, I just think the structural problems are insurmountable, if it was possible to do so, I'd put an artificial pitch in, but it isn't.

Oh and no Wimott for me.

Last edited:

dontpassback

Recruitment is the key and unfortunately the last couple of seasons hasnt been the best in that area,but it might be prudent to get someone (god knows who)in to give Matt a pointer in that area.Do we have a decent scouting system in place ? I don’t know ,perhaps we relied on perryman and John yems previously,but maybe someone in the know can enlighten me

Ash

I don't think we are too far away from each other TBH, I do feel recruitment has been poor, but not even sure who does that, if it's Taylor maybe we should look at giving him some help.

I'm afraid Seymour isn't cutting it, so we need to get rid of Ajose him and Fisher and try to get 2 decentish forwards. As for just picking out oven ready (hideous term) Division 3 players, I'm not sure why they'd be coming here, which is always our problem. I think you need at least 4 forwards who can pinch a goal from the start or the bench.The one time we did bring in a lot of that type, we were in a division higher and ended up in Tisdale's relegation. I do think people underestimate how hard it is to bring players in, of a good age, as most of them will have families, and need to relocate, particularly as we're in division 4, we should at least be more than competitive with wages for once hopefully..

On the pitch, well the more money we throw at it, the worse it seems to be, I just think the structural problems are insurmountable, if it was possible to do so, I'd put an artificial pitch in, but it isn't.

Oh and no Wimott for me.
I second the no Willmott bit, he looks sh!te and the wrong side of 30 which for a winger is almost always bad news.