• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It didn’t feel like a 5k crowd….i assume the season ticket numbers was included

You are DJ Audits and I claim my 5 pounds
We’ll need DJ with his drone to carry the banner above Stanno Stand for the Vale game

tom_ecfc

When will Caldwell stop saying in interviews that he's sure we can "still go onto have a very successful season?" What does that mean? What's a successful season? Who wouldn't chew their own arm off for 19th on goal difference, now? Feels like a parallel universe.
He’s prob been told that if he keeps us up in L1, like last season (remember the celebrations when he/we knew we wouldn’t get relegated), that would be classed as a successful season for the club.

DB9

He can’t go unless you could be his chauffeur
I'd be happy to do that, I'm not busy atm. I'm sure though the club will have things in hand as I imagine they knew GC losing his licence was a possibility when he went to court.

STURTZ

Am I right in thinking there was extra stewarding in position for potential crowd trouble on the big bank last night?
Seemed well OTT to me.

Am I right in thinking there was extra stewarding in position for potential crowd trouble on the big bank last night?
Seemed well OTT to me.
Can’t believe they tried to remove @Ash for the banner. Literally nothing offensive/discriminatory about it. Very fascist dictator approach to stewarding

Reactions: Ash

Banksy

Think this sums it up for me.
The team tried tonight. The brutal truth is that player to player they are just not very good, are playing without a forward and are managed by someone who has a poor/average managerial record.
When I think back to early season I now believe that was a blip in form. We won some games but actually what we've seen over the last dozen matches is more true to what we are. We will struggle to beat most sides in this division with this team playing for this manager.
Good summing up , just can’t see us getting out of this one.Been trying to work out if there are four worse teams than us because I think only that will save us now , their form not our own merits.Vale , Cheltenham , Carlisle?Maybe, but even they are picking up wins here and there.We can’t buy one,
Vfor love or money , there’s just nothing there.Think we’ll drop , we just have to make sure it’s restricted to League Two not in free fall as Yeovil’s was.

ryancooper327

The glaring hole is clearly up front where Diabate does add some physicality and nuisance value but isn't a striker
What physicality? He was barged off all night and I’m pretty sure he didn’t win a single dual!

Banksy

You can. But we've gone from Brown, Nombe, Stansfield to Scott, Muskwe and Diabate in the space of six months.

His fault.
And we haven’t the money to waste on failures , Ferguson did and could write failures off.Above says it all.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now I write following some sleep

To the older person whom shouted the abuse towards me, it's ok emotions where high on the bank last night at the full time whistle and whatever position we take on the subject of our manager I think its pretty low to start calling people stupid and questioning their love for the club.

On the match we shaded what was an exceptionally poor game of football, but most importantly neither side deserved to win. Shrewsbury are comfortably the worse side to come to SJP this season but yet they hardly looked troubled.

Caldwell calling for Solidarity in his interview, I hate to say it that imho is gone now. Whilst the players battled hard it's clear they don't want Caldwell and the fans largely want him out. I personally think there's nothing left for GC at ECFC now and someone has to make the right call to remove him and allow us to move on before the damage becomes irreversible and leaks into next season regardless of what league we are in.

Club / trust board the time is now. What more evidence so you need. GC needs and must go now.