• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

jase 07

Happens all the time in most sides, nothing to see here.
Happens all the time in most sides, nothing to see here.
i know, I was just answering Grecian Max’s question

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Based on the way Taylor was post match I wonder if a few players have got a little too big for their boots.

Just a hunch.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very disappointing and I guess having had so many similar experiences during my close on 70 years of watching City I was not that confident that we would in fact have taken the advantage of playing a weaker Wednesday side.

As it was when we missed two clear chances early in the first half my gut feeling was that if Wednesday scored they would go through. I am a Bowman supporter but have to admit that his miss, where he litteraly just passed the ball back to the keeper, ranks among some of the worst one to one misses I have ever seen.

As others have said we seemed to be off the pace and incapable of playing with any real tempo. Unlike Wednesday we looked like a group individuals without any clear cut game plan which was not in any way improved by the various substitutions. Two of which, Seymour and later Ajose, seeming to be made rather in desperation as opposed to being part of a carefully thought out game plan.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I expect he is considering the strength we have in our 18. On todays evidence not a lot.
Yes , for all our spurt of goals a while back and our goals for so far , we still lack a forward who knows his way around the box. Sadly for all his hard work ( and I try not to offend anyone here ) , Bowman doesn’t cut it for me , and for sure the lightweight Seymour , Fisher and co don’t come up to the mark. Ajose obviously doesn’t fit in ( don’t think Taylor can allow himself to forget the mistake he made there.) And the defence obviously needs a bit of class as everyone ( and hopefully Taylor ) knows. Money or not , I don’t think we will make it up without a few tweaks.Then and only then will we be a good team.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am a Bowman supporter but have to admit that his miss, where he litteraly just passed the ball back to the keeper, ranks among some of the worst one to one misses I have ever seen.
I watched the entire match and I have no idea which miss you are referring to !!

Antony Moxey

Thought we’d done enough to win today. Those early chances before they scored should have been enough as SW offered very little themselves with Ward a virtual spectator other than for regulation stuff. Like a couple of others on here I’m not really understanding the end of the world comments regarding the performance, I quite enjoyed the game and thought us the better side.

fred binneys head

I watched the entire match and I have no idea which miss you are referring to !!
Think he means the one about 5 minutes in after it bounced around the centre backs as Jay buzzed around. Wasn’t a one on one though, more a snap shot as it came to him unexpectedly. But it wasn’t good, he should have done better.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Based on the way Taylor was post match I wonder if a few players have got a little too big for their boots.

Just a hunch.
If they are I reckon they're about to get slapped down. That's if their ears aren't still ringing from gaffer's post match debrief.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
........you amaze me how could you possibly have missed it....it was only a few minutes after MJ’s misdirected header.

suffolklad

Quite... what game were people watching?! There really wasn't that much in it and they're 2 divisions above. Odd...
I refer you to Mat Taylor. Our Manager thought it was poor also.