• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought I saw Collins and Sparkes having words
Happens all the time in most sides, nothing to see here.

Albumen

Hopefully the outs happen soon so we can try and sort this out. Too many times we’ve looked weak at the back and aimless up top this season. Bring in a CB Matt!
I agree on a centre back. But we haven’t been short on goals... sometimes, unfortunately, the two go hand in hand.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listening to the interview with Matt Taylor. That performance could give our League form the kick up the arse it needed.Those players won't dare go back to the dressing room after the match against Bolton if they lose.

Should have singled out McArdle if he was going to focus on anyone in that interview.

STURTZ

Unusual to hear a City manager naming players that have underperformed like that, actually think Bowman might have picked up an injury first half which might explain how he became so ineffective. No point in criticising McArdle, he did his crap best.

Grecian Max

No crowds, prize money is decent, so yes Chorley would have been decent.

I am not losing my mind, I just thought it was a disappointing performance and am worrying our season is fizzling out, as always I fully stand behind our manager and our club.

And of course I'll be happy if we win some games after, not sure why I wouldn't absurd comment.
Explain to me how our season is fizzling out, if we win our 2 games in hand (v Barrow and Stevenage we'd be 2 points off 1st place Carlisle. We haven't been playing, whilst others have. We have 10pts from the last 18pts, not a purple patch but had kept us in the top 3/4 prior to 2 abandonments.

Banksy

Taylor sounded really peed off. I wonder what the serious decisions he has to make are , do they involve any signings and what scope has he to ditch a few players he doesn’t want in the current climate ?

fred binneys head

Unusual to hear a City manager naming players that have underperformed like that, actually think Bowman might have picked up an injury first half which might explain how he became so ineffective. No point in criticising McArdle, he did his crap best.
He did, after about 20 minutes, went off the pitch for a minute or two.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor sounded really peed off. I wonder what the serious decisions he has to make are , do they involve any signings and what scope has he to ditch a few players he doesn’t want in the current climate ?
I expect he is considering the strength we have in our 18. On todays evidence not a lot.