• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Said Williams injured
Also unhappy with the goalkeeper and centre back pairing and some players getting at each other apparently 🙁

Grecian Max

We were playing a championship side.

Reality check needed.
Quite... what game were people watching?! There really wasn't that much in it and they're 2 divisions above. Odd...

jimbo-gould

Not our best game, but I don’t think it was awful against a team who had a stronger lineup the many were expecting. That said, there was some very lacklustre defending, and I’m still yet to see Seymour influence a game at all. Could be a blessing in disguise given how we need to catch up league games sooner or later mind.

Grecian Max

Poor from us. If we dont bounce back on Tuesday I will start to get worried
What 😅 We haven't played since a very even battle with 3rd placed FGR 13 days ago

The league is very even - we're 9th in the form table, but have taken only 3pts less than leaders Carlisle in our last 6 games

Pobbop

We haven't played in 2 weeks and I thought it showed, looked rusty. Some nice transitions and we seemed more of a unit than Wednesday but they had superior quality in front of goal.

Nothing to be particularly worried about and given our games in hand in L2, it's not really a bad thing we're out.
This is ridiculous not a bad thing we're out, we had a chance of being in the fourth round of the Fa Cup, with huge prize money and telly money, plus the kudos, just ridiculous.

We could have got Chorley in the next round who seemed to dispose easily of a Championship side.

Look I have not been critical of Matt at all since he's come in, but he seems to agree, this was a thoroughly poor and anaemic performance, we need to do better or this season will fizzle to mid-table obscurity

Albumen

They had 4 on the bench, seems quite ravaged.
I think the point is that they had a decent core of first team players on the pitch.

Oldsmobile-88

Very disappointing performance.Yes Wednesday are a couple of divisions above the Grecians but that was a pretty nondescript effort.

Albumen

What 😅 We haven't played since a very even battle with 3rd placed FGR 13 days ago

The league is very even - we're 9th in the form table, but have taken only 3pts less than leaders Carlisle in our last 6 games
It’s mind blowing the overreaction on here. horrible game to watch... but it really shouldn’t reflect on our season.

Grecian Max

This is ridiculous not a bad thing we're out, we had a chance of being in the fourth round of the Fa Cup, with huge prize money and telly money, plus the kudos, just ridiculous.

We could have got Chorley in the next round who seemed to dispose easily of a Championship side.

Look I have not been critical of Matt at all since he's come in, but he seems to agree, this was a thoroughly poor and anaemic performance, we need to do better or this season will fizzle to mid-table obscurity
Love this post, absurd.

Last edited:

Exehausted

Also unhappy with the goalkeeper and centre back pairing and some players getting at each other apparently 🙁
That doesn't sound good if players are getting at each other. Our team spirit has always been good under Matt, I hope that doesn't change.