• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle official matchday thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
But Woodman should be fit and raring to go. Gone with the tried and trusted more or less.
We will find out if he is match fit !! Big ask to bring in a near 37 year old who has been out in the cold. Hopefully he will do a steady job, I hope the Argyle right side isn't quick.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Error.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor’s treatment of Matt Jay is very poor. He deserves a good run in the team. At least he knows where the net is.
I do feel sorry for Jay, Taylor claimed he was our best player on Tuesday however he clearly favours the supposed big guns in Law and Lee Martin.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We will find out if he is match fit !! Big ask to bring in a near 37 year old who has been out in the cold. Hopefully he will do a steady job, I hope the Argyle right side isn't quick.
Hmm.They might switch Grant to the right to face Woodman. Hey, I 'd prefer Sparkes, but if he's injured what can you do?
Woodman is more experienced in these big games, so we lose an attacking threat but we get a player who is fresh and experienced. Let's see how Woody plays.

IndoMike

I do feel sorry for Jay, Taylor claimed he was our best player on Tuesday however he clearly favours the supposed big guns in Law and Lee Martin.
I'm sure Jay will come on at some stage. It's the same old question ; Lee Martin or Matt Jay?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm feeling downbeat about this match already and this hasn't helped.
Me turning up or the content of my post ?? 😄

arthur

it could have been an ideal opportunity to play Sparkes in his favoured wide left midfield role.
And it's not as if we're overly blessed with wide left midfielders is it? Down the years that berth seems to have been filled with No 10s who have been wasted there...

IndoMike

I'm feeling downbeat about this match already and this hasn't helped.
Cheer up , Stroudy. We're not playing Liverpool. It's only bloody Argyle .

IndoMike

Is SJP rocking?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you look through our 11 very few players are guaranteed starters. This can often be a positive so hopefully it will lead to a good performance from the lads.

I'm hoping for the kind of performance we put on against MK Dons last February with the likes of Law, Lee Martin, Jake Taylor and Collins running the show.

Bring it on !