• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Notts County Matchday Thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've always wanted St James Park to become a fortress. And now it is - for the away team.
Our defence is a bit like the Maginot Line , they just go round it.

D__Lo__

I think they're a dying breed to be honest.
There's still a few in denial and prepared to argue black is white.

Grecian2K

Given the extremely verbose rebuttal apparently posted in the salary thread somewhere twixt their first and second goal tonight on can only assume that Red arrow either:

A) wasn't even at the game tonight and, despite his previous objections to the 'boycott' had decided at the eleventh hour to join

B) was so dispirited, even at that early stage that he had adjourned to the Club Offices to just avoid having to watch any more

C) Herr Gruppenfuhrer Tagg had peremptorily demanded his pet poodle to retire to said club offices and miss the rest of the (mis)match.

Alistair20000

I doubt we'll get a fly past from the red arrow tonight.
I think his wheels may have fallen off and he is awaiting Mr Tagg to re-assemble him.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why did Tis leave it so long to make changes?

Difficult to properly judge from the commentary, but we didn't seem to change formation. We didn't push that further up field, we didn't press the opposition.

This just seemed so different from Saturday. Why didn't take the positives from that game and put them in to tonight's game?

Joshyd123

I think the best thing to do is go in the away end at the next home game. Nobody on the Big Bank at all would certainly be an eye opener.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Unfortunately, had to be out this evening so didn't hear the game. Without wandering through the entire thread, may I presume it was as bad as the scoreline intimates? Disappointing.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian2K

Our defence is a bit like the Maginot Line , they just go round it.
And our midfield is like the Dartford Tunnel - they just drive through it....

...and, as for the "forward" line, tactics straight from the Margaret Thatcher Book Of Industrial Relations: NO STRIKERS WILL BE TOLERATED.

Red Bill

Well on my way home now, so glad we've
driven 90 miles to watch that. What a spectacle, what an event what an absolute ****!!!
Are all his supporters seriously still with him? What has to happen before people realise he's not very good. There was no point this evening when I thought we might score let alone win.

What is the point of James? I have absolutely no idea what he's supposed to be doing. I feel sorry for Reid, he must be thinking what have I done, a couple of times tonight he got in a good position and then looked around in disbelief as our midfielders continued to faff around instead of giving him the ball! I give up, I really give up, it's just pathetic