• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hartlepool Utd FA Cup 2nd Round Official Match Day Thread

Ash

Sweeny doing himself no favours to endear himself to the fans who were unhappy with his performance. Instead of getting on with it he just kept mouthing “Go f*ck yourself” in their direction.
If true, that's shocking and he should get a kick up the @rse from MT.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
If true, that's shocking and he should get a kick up the @rse from MT.
Matt would be worried he'd lose his foot.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, I think it would beneficial if Matt Taylor gave him an extended break from playing.
So he can get fatter?

Legohead

Banned
The other option we have is Visser. How much worse could he be? Even Ricey didn't make mistakes this often did he? Or is my memory playing tricks?
Actually Ash I agree. I've changed my mind. Having just seen the highlights and the manner of their equalizer combined with the last minute gaffe at Cambridge then Maxted should be dropped now. There really is no excuse for that today. Likewise at the other end of the pitch with that double miss. How did either of those chances not go in? What struck me about those misses, Bowmans miss and the howler by Maxted is that there seemed to be a laziness and lack of conviction about them. Like they were half hearted.

I wasn't even there and those highlights have really annoyed me. Superb goal for their first although it was really poor defending all round and we just didn't get to any of the balls quick enough in the passage of play that led to it.

So I have to change my mind about Maxted. That was truly appalling and he must be replaced immediately IMO.

grecIAN Harris

The more I watch it, as bad as Maxted's mistake was, Martin's miss was even worse. Four yards out in the middle of six yard box and the goal at his mercy and he hits the keeper.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It might have been goal bound but it had no power to it

Banksy

Yet as you say GH he’s continually played up front , doesn’t make sense. But we can talk it to death it’s Matt Taylor’s problem or it will be if we are outside the top seven this year and are dumped out of the Cup by Pool because of it.

malcolms

I'm disappointed Matt hasn't come out and apologised on behalf of the team for their unacceptable second half performance. I can take most things but what sticks in my craw is when I see the team apparently lacking in effort and pride. What I dont want to hear are same old excuses getting trotted out.
You had 10 years of it, surely you got used to it?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
No one seems to be mentioning Bowman's two efforts in the second half, well one effort at a good height and position for the keeper and more like one of his warming up shots, should be thankful it was on target though as for the other one I don't know what as he should have been through on goal but didn't even get a shot off. How many times have we seen him with the opportunity which he has done well to get into and then doesn't even hit the target to make the goalie save.

We would be storming this league if we had a goal scorer up front and in the draw (on our own) for the next round. It is costing us financially

geoffwp

You had 10 years of it, surely you got used to it?
I thought this was going to be a very different era though so i have different expectations. Don't you?