• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hartlepool United Matchday Thread.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Three points and into the play off places please.

COYR

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lock up your monkeys, Hartlepool are in town.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hope that we can continue our winning form, though not sure who will be our front man. Missing today as off to theatreland in London.

Jason's preview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you're coming from Okehampton, some of the trains will continue to St James Park!

grecIAN Harris

Oh!!!! We're doomed!!!!! No comedic thread title!!!!! How can we ever expect to win without one after last week's success?!?!?!!!??!

fred binneys head

Good luck to the lads today, hopefully the strong winds we’re seeing up north and in the midlands haven’t reached Exeter yet and we can have a dry, calm day to play our beautiful football.

3-0 city, COYR.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another win would be much appreciated. Sooner or later our promotion rivals will start to drop points and we need to be in a position to take advantage.

I'm confident of a 3-1 victory. Amond and Jay x 2.

ECFC89

Wind look annoying.

Trapdoor

Must win game. Got to stay in with a shout of the playoffs.

David Treharne

If you weren't awake in Exeter at 07.55 you missed the best of the day. It was sunny then, but has subsequently clouded over, though at the time of this first writing there's still 30%blue sky, but now a layer of light grey cloud. It's 12c but feels slightly colder in the NNW west wind, which is blowing 3-4. There's been no appreciable rain in the last 24 hours. The wind is going to change direction again during the course of the morning, going round to NW, at which point there's likely to be some (light) rain.
As to the match, we ought to win, though who's going to score the goals is anybodies guess, hartlepool have a miserable away record, and we can look threatening, especially in midfield, but would seem to lack a striker. I had a fanciful idea to start with jack Sparkes up front, but it's difficult to know who you'd leave out.
Anyway, I shall be there in the IP stand, listening out for offensive language (most likely to happen almost in front of me at pitchside), tut-tutting at anybody who lets off a flare, but mostly trying to enjoy the game. A good gauge of how we're doing always comes from slightly behind me in the next block in the form of exasperated shouting.
More at 13:00