• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Harrogate Town Matchday Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that was an unimaginative 90+ minutes, no idea how to break down Harrogate! No intensity like on Saturday, we could do a Tisdale and blame the pitch, but the ball was rarely on it with the amount of head tennis that was played, the concerning aspect is that we are not even half way through the season and the pitch is this bad, doesn't augur well for the rest of the season, at least it's got two weeks to recover

Bowman as good as he was on Saturday, his jumping was that dire tonight, was he going for the ball or trying to intimidate the central defenders as his timing was so out.

January can't come soon enough for our defence.

The ref was like the match and the commentators - poor.

One positive from it I don't have another hour until I get home.

Oh well onto Saturday. Oops or should I say Boxing Day

Albumen

I never said it was bad, I simply pointed out a couple of facts.

Everything I said in that post was correct !
Yes. It was correct... but You just pointed to the negative bit. I was just balancing that out. All good!

Why was Randall taken off ?? I don't get it. No game for well over a week and we needed to create and score goals.

Collins should have been dragged off for Law, Collins was awful.

Taylor too tentative with his subs (again).
he wasn’t in the game at all mate

older-codger

Tonight was as bad as Saturday was good. At least the other results were quite favourable. Only 3 points off autos while Argyle are just 2 points above relegation zone - I know where I would rather be.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree but a 1-0 win would have done. We conceded two goals for the umpteenth time this season. This was an important game as we now have no game this Saturday. Very predictable result though imo.
Why didn't you predict it then

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
he wasn’t in the game at all mate
It wasn't his best game however he was our biggest threat in the first half and he always has a moment of magic in him, I would have left him on.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very disjointed game. Awful pitch. Ifollow kept buffering. Felt horribly like a return to normality.

Yes, two bad goals to give away, but we were bad all over the pitch. Nothing ever flowed. It wasn't the defence's fault that only about 5% of our balls forward actually found an Exeter player. One or two good crosses, absolutely no decent corners. Poor Bowman was feeding off scraps when he was lucky, most of the time he was feeding off precisely nothing.

Still, two steps forward one step back is preferable to one step forward, two steps back. Scant consolation for a depressing evening

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looked flat and jaded from about the 5th minute onwards apart from a couple of flashes at the start of the second half the tempo just wasn’t there tonight....mass substitution rarely work the last 20 minutes was horrible from us...credit to Harrogate for being so difficult to get behind and totally dominating the aerial battle...only three points off third place but January can’t come quick enough for strengthening that defence.

tonykellowfan

We're 5th with the best goal difference in the league.

Why didn't you predict it then
I did! Ask my missus. She predicted 2-1 to City, I went the other way around. It gives me no pleasure believe me but we simply cannot consistently keep a clean sheet and historically we have been prone to this sort of result after a good performance.