• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
3-0 down its worth leaving 5 minutes early to beat the traffic. Can make a good 15-20 minutes difference depending you park.

Losing by a goal then you stay. If it's injury time and losing by more than 1 then it's either get out early or stay and boo non stop for an hour.
I understand if you need to catch a train or a country bus, then you may have to leave early.
I don't understand how booing is expected to make players play better.

manc grecian

Best team, depends on you're definition. Most clinical and pragmatic? Absolutely. We were poor though. Too slow, too cumbersome and it all starts with one person, Chieck Diabate. You saw Chieck in all his glory tonight. He won his battle with James Collins all night long which was great but then when it came around to doing something with the ball........ hopeless. Far too slow and deliberate in everything he did with it, even controlling it. Then, because he's so slow he has little or no options open to him so he ends up playing it one of his colleagues at the back to get a wall pass in return because they are now being closed down and put under pressure. He seems to lack awareness of what options are on around him because his head is down concentrating on controlling the ball and up looking to see where his next pass is. This then just wreaks through the rest of the side. I know this would have gone down like a fart in lift but I would have taken him off at half time for Sweeney and put Aimson at centre half, at least he capable of being able to use the ball to some effect.
Whilst I agree, it has to be said there's often not an awful lot of movement in front of him either.

Grecian Max

I was bored tonight

I have been bored most of the home games this season

This apparently means I need to find a new team according to twitter

16 home games. 10 goals.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was bored tonight

I have been bored most of the home games this season

This apparently means I need to find a new team according to twitter

16 home games. 10 goals.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
.............. but loads of goals against !

Gilbert

Hope this doesn’t shake our confidence too much Derby literally in a different league tonight
Literally the worst post of the entire evening. Derby NOT literally in a different league tonight or literally we would not be playing them in this league, as literally we would not be in the same league... literally!!!

.EX31.

My first game in over 5 years. I've recently moved back to Devon. I forgot how much i enjoy live sports, the energy from the big bank was magnificent.

ECFC89

Guys, that was just a little bit s***, let’s be honest. Better team won, but I thought Peterborough were far better than Derby, before than got their man sent off. One of those days where you accept that a bigger team is more than likely going to dick you than not.
For all those saying wow Caldwell your the best thing since Jesus or whatever it is, tonight was boring, a little shit, and you still walk into St Anne’s Well going ‘**** 300 plus quid on a season ticket and I’ve seen 10 goals in 17 games’

AndyR

Not long back after an unpleasant diverted journey back to Exmouth. I thought City played well in parts, particularly in the first half but there are times when you just have to tip your hat and accept that we were beaten by a better side and tonight was one of them.

Aside from maybe Championship Middlesbrough in the League Cup, I thought Derby were the best team seen at SJP this season. Solid at the back, they had physicality, power, some players with blistering pace and finishing ability. Based on that performance, I'd be surprised if they don't get automatic promotion and certainly looked better than leaders Pompey did on 29/12.

Grecian Max

Derby were no Ispwich from last year but defensively very, very sound.

They will need wholesale changes in the Champ so might struggle to adapt next year if they do go up.

The goals were quality finishes - however the first one came from Niskanen needlessly losing the ball and being wasteful.

Grecian Max

My first game in over 5 years. I've recently moved back to Devon. I forgot how much i enjoy live sports, the energy from the big bank was magnificent.
Big Bank was dead, just wait until we have a team that commits players going forward in attack in five years